Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bbo31 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2016, 11:04 AM
    ETG Testing / foods cooked with alcohol
    Can you fail an ETG test from foods cooked with alcohol? Please help.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 13, 2016, 12:27 PM
    Mostly it is going to depend on what type of foods we are talking about. Many cook use it to add flavor to foods but the alcohol is burned off in the process. Some deserts have alcohol in them and those are the ones you would have to avoid eating. If there is any question about what your eating then ask the cook. DO NOT rely on your waiter.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jun 14, 2016, 07:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bbo31 View Post
    Can you fail an ETG test from foods cooked with alcohol? Please help.
    This is a common misconception. While there is alcohol cooked off when used in food prep, it isn't all gone. A lot of sauces or what not that use a wine as a base will still have alcohol in them. It is at such a low concentration that you wouldn't notice nor get drunk off them, but it could tip you on a EtG/EtS test. The best option is to just avoid any foods that could have alcohol in them.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 14, 2016, 07:41 AM
    It may be a very small factor, but one you cannot completely ignore.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ETG testing and SD alcohol 40 [ 3 Answers ]

I haven't had a drink since 2-24-13. I do voluntary ETG test twice a month. I recently failed a test on November 1st. The cutoff was 100ng/mL. My levels were ETG 406ng/ml and ets 34ng/ml. I was shocked and upset. I went home and tried to think about what could have caused it. The only thing I could...

ETG test and exposure to foods made with alcohol [ 0 Answers ]

Hi Dr. Bill: I had an ETG test today at 9:30AM (Tuesday) and accidentally ate a piece of beef that had been marinated (only warmed) in rum and barbecue sauce on Sunday around 6:00PM. My previous alcohol consumption was two coors light beers on Friday (4 days prior). The beef seemed to be heavily...

Alcohol and EtG testing [ 6 Answers ]

Would one dose of ZZZquil (10% alc.) taken at bedtime show up on an EtG test 15 hrs. later?

EtG testing for alcohol [ 1 Answers ]

I am a woman, 5'5", 125 punds. If I drink an ounce of vodka mixed with water on Friday night and another on Sunday night (early), will I test positive Monday in late afternoon? Thank you

Alcohol testing EtG testing [ 4 Answers ]

I had a etg/alcohol test 10 days ago and had wine the evening prior? I have not heard back from the lab. Has anyone failed or passed with having alcohol in their system? Thank you. Really stressed and very stupid!!

View more questions Search