Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GaryBV Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2016, 03:06 PM
    Is there a lawn tractor/mower that doesn't use those awful belts?
    I am not 'handy' - and I'm getting older so getting down onto the ground is less and less an option, I'm on fixed income so paying someone to keep putting the belt on the Lawn tractor has become a financial burden. I want a lawn tractor that doesn't use a belt - is there such a thing?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 8, 2016, 04:15 PM
    I don't know of one with no belts.
    I haven't had to 'keep putting the belt' on mine - is yours breaking?
    I took the protective covers off of mine, because grass etc was getting so jammed in around the belts that it was a wonder the pulleys turned, and that the belts didn't break.
    I can now just clean the surface of the deck with a stick.
    Would that help?

I can't get down on the ground either, and some days I almost can't get on the seat!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to replace belts on Bolens Lawn Tractor [ 7 Answers ]

I have to replace both drive belts on a Bolens Model 13ag683h163 Lawn Tractor - I have the proper belts direct from Bolen's and their diagrams are good for knowing how to run it, but how to I get to the old belts? Do I start taking things off the top of the mower (Seat, Body, etc... ) or do I go...

TroyBilt Lawn Tractor changing belts [ 1 Answers ]

I own a Troy Bilt Lawn Tractors Model # D609G and had all (4) of the belts changed. I noticed that when I engage the mowing deck with the PTO lever... there is a delay in start up of the mowing deck blades and when I change the mower deck height from 5 down to 3 (where I normally set up to mow), I...

Hooking up belts to the blade on lawn tractor? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has a Craftsman lawn tractor Model #917255820, he lost the owners manual. He needs to know how to place the belts to the blade/blades and back on the tractor, does Anyone know?? Help, can a diagram be e-mailed. Thank you. Sandy

View more questions Search