Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coco6986 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2016, 08:20 AM
    Issuing a 1099
    I have a client who is a blogger in the US she is using a independent contractor in Canada. Does she issue her a 1099 at the end of the year or how does she handle the payments to this person?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 6, 2016, 09:06 AM
    If she paid $600 or more in that year, and she deducts such expenses on her own taxes, then yes.
    (Technically the answer is a flat yes if 600+)
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2016, 05:43 PM
    You question is hard to understand. There are 3 people Client, blogger, IC in Canada. Who is supposed to get the 1099, the blogger or the IC in Canada? Does Canada use a 1099? That is a US IRS form.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 7, 2016, 05:40 PM
    NO Forms 1099-MISC are generated for contractors working outside of the United States UNLESS they are U.S. citizens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can bank accure interest after issuing 1099 C and include in Payoff Statement? [ 0 Answers ]

I went bankrupt in 2012. I received a 1099 C for the principal balance for my home from mortgage company. They did not foreclose. Now I want to sell my home, since prices are up. The bank now says the payoff is the principal balance, plus accured interest (before and after 1099 C was issued) plus...

Spouse issuing 1099 to spouse [ 6 Answers ]

I work as a subcontractor for 4 months this year where I will receive a 1099 form. My husband in turn worked for me to help me out in special circumstances can I issue a 1099 form to him to cover this work. Will the amount I pay to my husband be deducted from my personal income on our joint...

Issuing a 3-Day Quit Notice after Issuing a 60-Day Notice [ 2 Answers ]

We issued our California tenants a 60-Day Notice. If, in that 60 day period they fail to pay their rent per their rental agreement, or create a substantial nuisance, can we issue a 3-Day Notice to Quit? Or would it have to be a 3-Day Notice to PAY or Quit? Basically, we want these tenants to...

Issuing a 1099 for a foreign person. What do I need to know? [ 7 Answers ]

We are a private company in the USA. We paid rent to a person that lives outside of the USA. What form do we file? Do we issue a regular 1099 for rent paid or do we use a different form because he is out of the country? Thanks in advance!

Issuing a 1099 misc, for website purchase. [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I will try to keep it quick and simple. First, I am just a person, did not start a company or corp. I purchased a "income generating" website in 2007 for 15k. To make a long story short, has not made money this year and will not. Basically I am out 15k, but I can recoup some of that lost...

View more questions Search