Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mcote Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2016, 02:48 PM
    Retiring in toronto and then moving to montreal
    Good afternoon,

I've been working in Toronto for 15 years and more... now at the age of retirement, am moving closer to my family in Montreal.

Little research on internet worries me as they mention I will have to pay Quebec taxes if I live there on December 31st...
    Would everyone not see my last pay in October 2016 came from Ontario and my pension is paid from Ontario...
    Why would I need to pay taxes in Quebec.

Thanks for input.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2016, 06:02 PM
    What type of taxes? Property? Income? You will probably pro rata the taxes this year but you will pay Quebec taxes, next year. I get a pension from a PA company, live in GA, that's where the money comes to and is deposited. Income taxes paid in GA, none in PA. Fortunately, GA excludes most retirement income.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 7, 2016, 05:16 PM
    The plumbing expert's comments are valid for U.S. taxes, but your issue is with the Canadian tax system, which THIS forum does not address. Sorry!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Move from Montreal to Toronto [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I am looking forward to immigrate to Montreal under the Quebec program, that is after having CSQ and PRV. However, I would wish to move to Toronto after my landing process is complete in Quebec. I just wanted to know if this will not cause a problem in regards to my PR. Also, if I am able...

Retiring to usa [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to live in usa and work I have a poor usa citizen that I will marry but I need to buy a home and get a green card to remain in the usa Please help as I'm desperate to get to her before dec09 Thank you for your help

Bankrupty and retiring [ 6 Answers ]

:confused:I live in Ohio, as 2009 we will have to file bankrupty. My husband income is to high now and he will be without a job until employment comes in and he will then drawing it. He is 57yrs old. He will get his six weeks of vacation which will be 5500. And 20,000 dure to them doing away with...

Moving from California to Toronto, Canada [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I will be moving from Ontario, California to Toronto Canada very soon. I have been offered employment in Toronto but am in need of a Temporary Work Permit. I have been searching and trying to figure out if I should get a Temporary Work Permit and a Temporary Resident Visa or try to...

View more questions Search