Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wavefrog16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2016, 11:04 AM
    Electrical lighting
    Hello I'm doing a basic garage installation tomoz trying to get experience. Ring main and lighting circuit and a electrician will then connect it to the small separate consumer unit for me, the ring main will be a 32 amp and that's done , I have a 6mcb for lighting, I would like to run 2 basic pendant light fittings one way switch inside and 2 outside lights oneway switch outside, will I be able to do this all on one circuit or can I get away with wireing 2 separate lighting circuits in to 1 mcb, the other way I gess I could do it is just use a 2 way switch and just wire all the lights together. I'm just trying to get some help and advice for the best way to do this lighting circuit
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jun 10, 2016, 07:26 AM
    The terms you are using do not make any sense, are you here in the U.S.A. ?

If you are going to have an electrical do the wiring, then you should let the electrician perform the necessary calculations and wiring plan.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Jun 10, 2016, 11:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wavefrog16 View Post
    Hello I'm doing a basic garage installation tomoz trying to get experience. Ring main and lighting circuit and a electrician will then connect it to the small separate consumer unit for me, the ring main will be a 32 amp and that's done , I have a 6mcb for lighting, I would like to run 2 basic pendant light fittings one way switch inside and 2 outside lights oneway switch outside, will I be able to do this all on one circuit or can I get away with wireing 2 separate lighting circuits in to 1 mcb, the other way I gess I could do it is just use a 2 way switch and just wire all the lights together. I'm just trying to get some help and advice for the best way to do this lighting circuit
    I am assuming you are in the UK?

I am curious as to why you are looking for "advice for the best way to do this lighting circuit" when you are having an electrician do this work. Is he not capable or experienced?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical lighting help [ 1 Answers ]

Currently got haligen shower downlighters 12volt transformer 35watt bulbs, can I change these to 12 volt LED bulbs to the same equivalance using the origenal transformer??

Electrical and lighting [ 1 Answers ]

What is shrouding and what is the purpose of shrouding in electronic circuit

Electrical and lighting [ 2 Answers ]

I have a building with 32 floursent lights installed it is being served by two 20 amp circuits with 16 lights on each circuit, but only have one neutral, the lights are four foot ,two lamps each lamps are 32 watt t8 lamps, my problem I am having is I have an exiseve amount of ballast and lamps...

Electrical lighting [ 1 Answers ]

Convert light bulb socket in light fixture to candelabra socket

View more questions Search