Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Charmed24 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2016, 05:59 PM
    Period or spotting
    So about two Tuesday's ago I had spotting for one night (a bit of light brown and light pink). It was gone by morning. Didn't occur during Wednesday at all. On Thursday it was back and stayed light brown until the next Tuesday when it became a very dark brown, almost black. The next morning (Wednesday) it started coming out a lot and was normal period red but there was still some brown. However as the day went on the red didn't last and there was only dark brown in my pad. I decided I would put a tampon in just to see if it was still bleeding at all. When I took it out there was the bright red normal period blood. I put in another tampon and when I took it out it was only brown and there wasn't a lot. Since then I've been spotting brown and it's now Monday. It's pretty much gone but not completely. I've been spending a lot of time crying and thinking I'm pregnant and I just don't know what it was. I'm just having a lot of anxiety over this and I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced this before and has an explanation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 30, 2016, 10:38 PM
    First why crying, if you are, you are. (not sure if for joy wanting or worry you are)

It can be either, it is hard to tell. You can go to the doctor at this point and do a blood test. Or with till you are about 10 to 14 days late (if late) and do a home test.

Some monthly cycles are very light, sometimes you will just miss one, so no way to determine for sure.

May 31, 2016, 07:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    First why crying, if you are, you are. (not sure if for joy wanting or worry you are)

It can be either, it is hard to tell. You can go to the doctor at this point and do a blood test. Or with till you are about 10 to 14 days late (if late) and do a home test.

Some monthly cycles are very light, sometimes you will just miss one, so no way to determine for sure.
    Crying because if I am then that is literally the end of my life, my parents will kill me. I can't go to the doctors alone because my parents will find out if I make an appointment so I really don't know what to do.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 31, 2016, 07:25 AM
    It sounds as though you just had an unusual period. It happens to us from time to time for no reason at all.

If pregnancy is not an option for you right now, you might want to rethink your sexual activity. Birth control is a possibility, but is not always 100% effective.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 31, 2016, 12:13 PM
    "I've been spending a lot of time crying and thinking I'm pregnant and I just don't know what it was". Reading over you past posts, it appears to have gone a bit farther. Why so risky if you are not ready to be a mother at your age?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 31, 2016, 12:30 PM
    Pink is fresh but watery blood. Bright red is fresh blood. Brown is old blood (exposed to air, red blood turns brown). Clumps are menstrual lining.

-You can have an unusual period
    -You can be pregnant and have some first month bleeding
    -You can be pregnant but miscarry right away

There's no way to know until it's been long enough to take a test.

Why are you having unprotected sex? Even protected sex fails a lot.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 31, 2016, 02:35 PM
    Wait a week and try a pregnancy test. It does sound like just an off period. If negative, see what happens when you would expect your next period.

In the meantime, give some careful thought at to whether the sex is worth the anxiety and worry, as well as the disappointment of your parents. You can go back to not having sex until you are in a position to better handle the potential of a pregnancy; which will always be there regardless of the use of birth control or not. Tell your partner that you just aren't ready to take anymore chances. His response will tell you a great deal about where his true interest lies.

Jun 1, 2016, 07:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    Wait a week and try a pregnancy test. It does sound like just an off period. If negative, see what happens when you would expect your next period.

In the meantime, give some careful thought at to whether the sex is worth the anxiety and worry, as well as the disappointment of your parents. You can go back to not having sex until you are in a position to better handle the potential of a pregnancy; which will always be there regardless of the use of birth control or not. Tell your partner that you just aren't ready to take anymore chances. His response will tell you a great deal about where his true interest lies.
    Thank you and just an update to everyone I'm honestly stopping until I am older, but I'll have everyone know it's not like with random guys, it's with a guy I've been saying for almost two years now. I told him I don't think it's worth the anxiety so he's totally fine with it. So I guess I'll just wait and see if I get my next period but thanks for the input!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spotting before period, now period 4 days late [ 1 Answers ]

I've been trying to conceive for about 5 month's, in Oct. my period lasted about two days, then in Nov I was spotting 2 weeks before my period was due, it wasn't much blood and lasted about 4 days on and off Now my period is 4 days late... Could. I be pregnant? I haven't taken a HPT yet, I'm...

Irregular Period. No Period only Brown Discharge/Spotting? [ 4 Answers ]

OKey so here's my story, I do have irregular period, sometimes even 5 months apart. But since August 2011 I've been taking Provera 500mg for 3 months (Aug,Sept,Oct)and got my period regularly for those three months. I tried getting my Period on my own during November and it came, didn't have my...

Spotting light brown for a week but no period and cramps! Period not late. [ 1 Answers ]

I have been spotting for about a week light brown. I wake up with really bad cramps thinking I am going to get my period but I do not get it. My period is not due yet, what does this mean? Pregnancy symptoms? Please help!

Brownish spotting 2 weeks before period then turned red 5 days before period due [ 1 Answers ]

Had unprotected sex on 7/15. Took MAP within twelve hours. Expected ovulation on 7/21 but only got brown spotting which lasted 7 days. Now 5 days before period is due, I am experiencing light bleeding... red in color. Could I be pregnant?

I had my period a couple days late heavy the 2nd day and red spotting after period [ 1 Answers ]

I was 3 days late on my period the 1st day was light the 2nd day was heavy after that spottig red every once and a while brown it has now been 5 days my period only lasts for 3 days what should I think?heeelllp

View more questions Search