Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bostongolf Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

May 22, 2016, 08:25 AM
    ETG test
    So I have read as many post regarding ETG tests and here is my situation.

I have abstained from alcohol for 15 months. Fri evening at 7:30 PM my wife had a martini and I ate an olive that had been in it, not realizing it had been submersed. I have an ETG test at 8:00 AM on Monday which will be 60 hrs. What are the chance of testing positive?

Thanks !
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 22, 2016, 08:36 AM
    Your wife had a martini with an olive and you didn't realize it? Come on. I was born at night, but not last night. You are going to come up with a better story than that!

May 22, 2016, 08:43 AM
    Kind of answer I was expecting, but yes 100% serious and assuming test (if positive) would show level to validate my situation. So if anyone with credentials would like to offer their thoughts I would appreciate it. I answer a lot of silly questions form home owners regarding home projects on other forums and never belittle anyone. Was hoping for the same here

Woe, just realized you are an "expert" sorry to have insulted you
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2016, 09:07 AM
    Olives are put into martinis when served (and aren't offered on the side). Also, olives are heavy so they sink in martinis; they don't float. Why would you think the martini hadn't been "submersed"? If you are/were a drinker, you'd know that. Heck, I've had one martini in my life, about 50 years ago, and I know that!

You had only the olive?

May 22, 2016, 09:17 AM
    Wondergirl, actually my wife orders her martini with a twist. After it came she asked for olives. They were delivered (3) on a plastic pick on top of some ice cubes. The server was reciting special and I did not see my wife had put olives in martini. She picked up plastic stick and offered me an olive. I slide one off and ate it. Yes, yes and yes I only ate the olive. I did not take a sip and I did not eat the olive to "suck the grey goose out of it" As stated no alcohol for 15 months and she orders wine and drinks all the time. I socialize with people drinking all the time. It does not bother me. I hope this is enough info to get a serious reply to my question. If not I can simply delete it and move on.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2016, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bostongolf View Post
    Wondergirl, actually my wife orders her martini with a twist. After it came she asked for olives. They were delivered (3) on a plastic pick on top of some ice cubes. The server was reciting special and I did not see my wife had put olives in martini. She picked up plastic stick and offered me an olive. I slide one off and ate it. Yes, yes and yes I only ate the olive. I did not take a sip and I did not eat the olive to "suck the grey goose out of it" As stated no alcohol for 15 months and she orders wine and drinks all the time. I socialize with people drinking all the time. It does not bother me. I hope this is enough info to get a serious reply to my question. If not I can simply delete it and move on.
    Thanks for explaining where that olive had been and how it got into your mouth.

We have members who are currently offline but might take a stab at this question when they drop in to read today's questions. Please check back in a few hours.

May 22, 2016, 09:36 AM
    Thanks. Have a great day !
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 22, 2016, 10:07 AM
    I don't think the olive will fail you at all.
    Luck0rN0t Posts: 263, Reputation: 45

May 23, 2016, 07:44 PM
    Not a chance that one olive 60 hours later would cause a fail. Not even close.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does the saliva swab ETG alcohol test show back to 80 hours like the Urine ETG test ? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard when it's the oral swab it only tests back 12 to 24 hours for alcohol anyone know?

Will I pass my ETG test if I drank two 40z beers on Friday test is on Monday [ 2 Answers ]

I had 1 and 1/2 40 oz beers ( Thurs) finished at 2am Fri. Then drank the rest of the 1/2 40oz Friday finished at 4 pm.. Will I pass my EtG on Monday at 7pm?

Will I pass an EtG test if I had 6 beers Friday night and took a drug test Monday [ 0 Answers ]

Will I pass an ETG test that was sent to a lab , if I drank 6 beers Friday night till about 12am then took the EtG test Monday at about 10pm...

EtG test (80 hour Alcohol test) - Drink Friday will it be there on Tuesday/Wednesday? [ 21 Answers ]

I drank a few pitchers and a couple shots on Friday. I will either have to test on Tuesday or Wednesday. Wednesday is a must, but I could get called for random on Tuesday!? :confused: :eek:

View more questions Search