Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jacquieh Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Apr 14, 2007, 04:30 AM
    can't install lexmark x1290 printer
    Hi I've just bought a lexmark x1290 all in one printer and can't install it I'm running on windows vista any body any solutions for me thanks :confused: :
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Apr 14, 2007, 06:00 AM
    Could you please clarify little more. What is happening? Are you getting any error messages? Is it just hanging?
    tastillwell Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2007, 06:28 AM
    I've tried installing a driver from Lexmark, but, it is not for the model I have: x1290. If I try to send something to print, I receive a message saying that the Printer is Not Responding. But, I do not believe I have installed the printer correctly to begin with. I have had this computer for a couple of years, but, have never had to install a printer. All of my printer install experience is with a Windows. Thanks.
    polar bear Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2007, 07:57 AM
    I've just got a x1290, it should have an installation disk with it. Put this in and follow the prompts.
    if no good you could go to lexmark.co.uk and download the drivers for it.
    polar bear Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2007, 07:57 AM
    I've just got a x1290, it should have an installation disk with it. Put this in and follow the prompts.
    if no good you could go to lexmark.co.uk and download the drivers for it.
    kabo0m Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2012, 02:32 PM
    The CD that comes with it will NOT work with Windows 64 bit. I am having the same issue. You can get the setup install book here: http://www.lexmark.com/publications/pdfs/1200/AMERICAS/setupsh.pdf
    And the manual here: http://www.lexmark.com/publications/pdfs/1200/eng/ug.pdf

How ever I have not found newer drivers yet (in my country) as this printer is no longer continued as it is old.

Does anyone know a reputable place to get the drivers to install on 64 bit Windows?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lexmark Printer won't Print [ 13 Answers ]

So I installed a lexmark printer and when I send something to be printed, the printer starts, does what it should (?) which to me is printing, and then a blank page comes out. There is nothing at all on it, not even a dirty mark! When I try to print a test page it tells me it is printnig, paper...

Generic Ink to suit a Lexmark Printer [ 5 Answers ]

Could anybody advise me on the cheapest effective option for generic ink to suit a Lexmark P3150 printer. Thanks

Printer Install [ 1 Answers ]

how do I install my printer without a disk or what printer is compatible with a lexmark x75

Can't install printer [ 5 Answers ]

I have a hp deskjet 5150 and it was plugged into the USB port in the back of the computer and it worked fine. I recently bought an All-In-One printer/fax/scanner and tried to install it but my computer didn't detect any plug and play devices. So then I bought a different USB cable and that wasn't...

Trying To Install New printer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi-- When I try to install my new Lexmark Z-25 printer--I insert the cd and follow all the directions--at the end of set-up-it say's "Spool 32" has performed illegal operation---Thanks for any info--

View more questions Search