Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilyhudson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2016, 04:01 AM
    Analysis and interpretation
    May I ask what is the factors of declining in the return on total assets percentage?Rather than decreasing in net surplus, does the total assets influenced the percentage? For instance, if the total inventory keep increasing every year, does it affect the return on total assets percentage?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2016, 09:37 PM
    Return on Assets is a function of profitability and turnover as much as it is a reflection on financial management. It is to be expected that increases in inventory support increased turnover, If these are properly in balance then they won't affect the ratio greatly. Inventory is usually only a small part of the assets employed in a business.

So obviously the assets held affects the ratio and a low ratio may indicate underemployed assets. The trend is important. I prefer EVA as a measure of overall financial management

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sonogram interpretation [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I'm 36 weeks pregnant what is meant when utrasound tech says your AC down 20%

Should I use cluster analysis or latent class analysis for my dissertation? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I am testing the validity of model that posits why gifted students underachieve in school. There are three latent constructs: environmental perceptions, self-efficacy, and goal valuation. If students' attitudes are low toward any of these constructs, it is theorized they will lack...

Dream Interpretation [ 1 Answers ]

I had a dream where my teacher and her husband were my parents and I lived with them (obviously) and it was just like a normal family but she was still my teacher in the dream and she was going to have another child. Also in the dream it's like I knew I wasn't really her kid but she didn't and...

Can someone help me with this Analysis and interpretation Question [ 8 Answers ]

The following information has been extracted from the financial statements of Burgers Galore Pty Ltd. The owner is concerned about the profitability, Liquidity and financial structure of the business at 30 June 2011. Revenues (Sales on credit) 30 June 2010 $530 000 - 30 June 2011 $480 000 ...

Interpretation of dreams and prophetic analysis [ 10 Answers ]

Hello. I would like to direct my question to a SPIRIT FILLED BORN AGAINCHRISTIAN ONLY! I had a dream about a fella from Poland last year and the Lord revealed everything about him. I also saw a Hospital and heard a name. It was so vivid that I even called the Hospital to locate him but I...

View more questions Search