Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    markie1971 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2016, 02:28 PM
    2002 civic lx tranny
    I have a 2002 Honda civic lx the transmission started to slip real bad. Then all of the sudden it didn't have no forward or reverse. I could shut the car off let it sit for a little it would start moving again. I installed another tranny. It would shift good for ten minutes then start slipping the again no forward or reverse. I also put a ecu just to make sure it wasn't that. Can anyone give me a lead
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 13, 2016, 06:56 PM
    My guess is that the clutch packs are shot on both transmissions. Have you checked for codes? The transmission fluid needs to be changed every 3 years or 30,000 miles, whichever comes first. Otherwise, ATXs won't go the distance.
    markie1971 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2016, 07:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGreaseMonkey View Post
    My guess is that the clutch packs are shot on both transmissions. Have you checked for codes? The transmission fluid needs to be changed every 3 years or 30,000 miles, whichever comes first.
    Had a Honda tech come out. Pluged into his laptop. No codes showing.
    Uber Member

May 13, 2016, 08:24 PM
    Did you ensure the transmission fluid is up to the "FULL" line on the dipstick? Did you start the engine and pause several seconds in each gear PRNDL? This will fully pressurize the system, including the torque converter. I would also pull the "Back-up" fuse in the under hood fuse box, or disconnect the negative battery cable, for 10 seconds, in order to reset the ECM. I presume the Vehicle/Transmission Speed Sensor is connected and good. If it still doesn't work, the drive shaft going from the TC to the pump may be stripped, the transmission pump may be bad, or the clutch packs are shot.
    Uber Member

May 15, 2016, 05:14 AM
    Since you had a Honda tech come out, what were his thoughts on the situation?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 15, 2016, 11:14 AM
    Did you by any chance replace the torque converter when you replaced the transmissions or did you reuse the old one?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2002 escape tranny [ 1 Answers ]

Had tranny rebuilt . They replaced clutches and plates . New seals also. Put it in car and only has reverse and first gear. I feel it engage in drive but does not pull. If I shift to second it acts like I put it in park. Any suggestions to a cause?

Tranny swap from a 2003 Windsar to a 2002 Windstar will it work? [ 5 Answers ]

2002 has a bad tranny. Will the 2003 work in the 2002?

2002 tranny and conputer issues [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2002 dodge ram 4x4 with a 360... I was having some Tranny problems so I took it to a shop had that replace and in the process the computer got messed up.. now the truck won't crank at all.. they tried a 98 computer it cranks the truck but none of the gauges will not work... So when we took...

2002 nissan altima 2.5 tranny [ 2 Answers ]

Problem with my tranny .it want shift to tha 3rd and 4rd gearl.when I turn the car off and start it agnig it work OK.:confused:

What Kind of tranny fluid for a 94 civic [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know what kind of transmission fluid I need to use for a 1994 Honda Civic with a manual transmission?

View more questions Search