Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ruckerlady Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2007, 01:34 AM
    Wizard Riding Mower oil plug
    I feel really silly asking this , but where do you drain the oil out of a wizard riding mower?
    I inherited this mower, but no instructions.
    Thomas Mills Posts: 31, Reputation: 7

Apr 14, 2007, 07:35 AM
    Wizard Lawnmower Parts, Wizard riding mower and Wizard push mower parts Go to this link if you can find the model NO. on the mower or the engine. You need to find out if the engine is a Briggs & Stratton or a Tech. Try to find a owners manual at this link. If not get back with me! Thomas
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 14, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Wizard Lawnmower Parts, Wizard riding mower and Wizard push mower parts may also be of help. The drain plug is just above the engine mounting bolts and is most frequently a square plug. I once had a mower than drained from inside th cutting deck just behind the blade.

Apr 14, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Sorry Tom, your post wasn't showing. Ignore my duplication

Apr 14, 2007, 10:46 PM
    I want to thank you both for the information.. It was a pleasant surprise that I do appreciate. I will attempt the oil change tomorrow.

ruckerlady

Apr 15, 2007, 04:31 PM
    One last thing Ruckerlady since you are new to mowers. Changing oil on a rider can be messy since most do not allow the oil to do anything but spill on the tractor frame. When I remove the square plug I take it to the hardare store and buy a 6" pipe bib with the same thread as the plug. Also buy a cap for the pipe. Screw the pipe bib into the drain hole and it should reach out enough to allow you to catch the oil. The cap should be more than just hand tightened before starting the engine.

Apr 16, 2007, 12:41 AM
    Thank you ballengerb1. These tips will sure make my life easier.

ruckerlady
    abeec4321 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2008, 02:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ruckerlady
    I feel really silly asking this , but where do you drain the oil out of a wizard riding mower?
    I inherited this mower, but no instructions.
    Hi, the oil drain is on the side... have to unscrew the cap and let it drain on a small bucket or something and when it just drips put the plug back on and put oil back in keep checking it till it's the right level... thats all there is to it...

Now how do I learn to ask questions on this page... like you did ? I am just looking and saw your question thanks abe Texas
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2008, 10:48 AM
    Use an empty large coffee can to catch the oil. If you take ballengerb's advice about adding an extension out of the engine, it will not be nearly as messy next time. Just use caution and remember you are going into the aluminum housing of the engine and do not strip the threads out of the hole.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawn Mower Cutting Deck Wizard [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to adjust the wheels to tighten the drive belt for a 42" cutting deck? So far I have been replacing the belt every year this year the new belt will not turn the blades.

Changing Oil, Troy Bilt Riding Mower [ 5 Answers ]

I am ded3 and new at lawn care. I have a Troy Bilt riding mower and would Like to know where to drain the oil in order to change it as well as an easy Way to get to the spark plug. Can anyone help in simple language for Beginner?

I need help with my riding mower. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Bolens model 660 riding mower. It's 4 years old. Last week I tried starting it but had problems. It sounded like the battery was dead, so I went buy a brand new one. Hooked it up and now it does absolutely nothing and it is stuck in gear. I cannot get it in neutral for some reason. So this...

Wizard lawn mower neutral [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get a wizard rider,probably in the 1990-1996 model year range, appears to be hydro drive, to free roll? I've put the F-N-R levr in the "n" position, and moved the speed selector to various position, but still no roll... I know some hydro's have a release valve lever on the rear...

View more questions Search