Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ccordy30 Posts: 49, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2016, 12:06 PM
    Car trouble
    Have white smoke coming from my tail pipe when I crank my car and when I accelerate
    2002 nissan altima
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 9, 2016, 12:14 PM
    Bad Head gasket, bad rings, clogged PVC and others. Check engine light on? Have a radiator pressure test and a compression test done.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 10, 2016, 05:56 AM
    You likely have a blown head gasket, due to the engine overheating. It's common for the head to warp and need machining. Have a professional also check the valves for damage. Repairs could run $3,000 or more.
    ccordy30 Posts: 49, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2016, 03:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGreaseMonkey View Post
    You likely have a blown head gasket, due to the engine overheating. It's common for the head to warp and need machining. Have a professional also check the valves for damage. Repairs could run $3,000 or more.
    Thank You

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car trouble [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1988 hyundai pony with a problem... Every now and then I'll be driving along when suddenly it will start to "choke" and stall - as if it's got something in it's throat. It sounds and feels like one of the jets in the carb is blocking up as it only "chokes" on lower revs. If I leave...

Car trouble [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 95 honda civic four door and the last two days I have noticed that when ever I make a right turn there is a sort of loud "cluck cluck cluck" coming from what aounds like the tire. It mostly does it when I'm making sharp right turns and I'm worried I'm going tot urn and my wheel is going to...

Car trouble [ 2 Answers ]

Car won't start, new battery ,but no lights

Car trouble.again! [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 98' plymoth breeze, 4 cyl, 2.4L and here's the problem: While ideling, the rpm would rev up past 1, go down, rev up, and go down again. It sounds like someone is pushing on the gas pedel when in actuality no one is. This morning, I was between changing from reverse to drive and then it...

View more questions Search