Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    h007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2016, 04:36 AM
    Java program read and write text file HELP
    Design a Java program to read a text file called jazz.txt and write another text file called fourstar.txt. Each line of the input file consists of a star-rating and a jazz record title separated by a space, e.g.
    **** Birth of the cool
    ** Miles Davis with Horns
    *** Dig
    **** Cookin' At the Plugged Nickel

Four stars is the maximum rating for any record. The lines have no extra spaces or tabs at the beginning or end. The program should write the names of those records that have a four-star rating to the output file, e.g.
    Birth of the cool
    Cookin' At the Plugged Nickel

In your answer clearly detail the design of the program as well as creating the code for the solution.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 9, 2016, 06:42 AM
    While I could bang this out in about 5 minutes and probably 20 lines of documented code, I am not going to do your homework for you. You need to learn how to do simple file IO and string comparisons.

What do you have already? I can help you with road blocks from there on in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Write a java program that read in a test mark out of 75,calculate the percentage and [ 2 Answers ]

Write a java program that read in a test mark out of 75,calculate the percentage and display the result

Write a java program that reads an integer n from the key board and compute the value [ 3 Answers ]

Write a java program that reads an integer n from the key board and compute the value of 2^n and output it to the screen

How to write a java program that will open three programs at the same time anyy thre [ 0 Answers ]

HI How to write a java program that will open three programs at the same time Anyy three rogrames like outlock ,excel etc.. I really need the answer Sara ,thank you

View more questions Search