Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cassidyyoung31 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2016, 10:25 PM
    IUD Help
    Hi Im am 18 year old female. I have the Mirena IUD. Ive had it since I waas 14 years old. I was a virgin when I got it but my boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years and have tried having sex. It is extremley painful and he says he cant get his penis inside. ( don't be mean to be specific ) Is this just because I was a virgin when I went on it or is this normal?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 9, 2016, 06:48 AM
    The IUD going in was probably a lot thinner then his penis. Your hymen could still be intact and him inserting his penis is tearing it, whereas the hymen wasn't affected when the IUD was inserted.

Were things properly lubed? Many women don't produce enough natural luberication for sexual intercourse and as such it is harder for the man to insert the penis and the friction is horrible for both. Also depends on how rough he was on inserting, it is a sensitive area there. Was there any bleeding afterwards? Was a condom used?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 9, 2016, 08:02 AM
    I honestly don't know a reputable doctor that would insert an IUD on a 14 year old.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 9, 2016, 08:07 AM
    The IUD is not in the way of the penis, but if you worry, go to doctor and get it checked.

It is most likely an issue of being the first time, and not being lubed well. It can be hard the first time or two

We did fail to ask, what country this was, IUD in 14 year old, is not uncommon here.
    But then where I am, is not nomal to many places
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 9, 2016, 04:13 PM
    In addition to what others have said regarding possible lack of lubrication, it can be caused, or worsened, by the IUD. If you feel ample arousal isn't the problem, and you want to continue with an IUD, you might ask your doctor about using paragard (no hormones) instead of mirena, and see if it makes a difference for you. Another option would be to use a lubricant while engaging in sex.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Iud [ 8 Answers ]

Can you get pregnant having a iud in... I have had morning sickness for 2 day now and I'm scared that I might be pregnant... My son is almost 7 months old... Thanks Can you get back to me as fast as you can Serah

IUD taken out [ 0 Answers ]

I got my IUD taken out on May 4, 2012 had discharge or something like that May 7. I thought it was my period but it wasn't. I got my official period June 7-11. It's now July 3, and took a early 6 days first response test and came out negative. Why is it so hard to conceive? Is it because my...

Iud [ 5 Answers ]

My kids say I'm pregnant... so what does that mean... can I b and don't no it

My iud [ 3 Answers ]

I have the iud mirena and eversince I don't have a period and I act and feel pregnant all the time but I also cannot get and stay wet does anybody know anything I can do to help without getting iud removed

After IUD [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I removed IUD 3 month ago,i wont another baby, i had for almost 3 years, i did not had any problems,i had little more blood and little more pain then usual during a period , sometimes during the period i was taking Advil for pain, maybe one in a 3 month (just only during the period) i loved IUD...

View more questions Search