Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Louisecr24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2016, 03:21 AM
    Pregancny? Faint line, negatives, missed period
    Hi guys I wonder if any of you can help me or offer me advice.
    I am around two and a half weeks late for my period. I have been taking tests since a week before my period was due, because I have had some quite distinctive symptoms also a gut feeling really. (bad headaches, vivid dreams, cramping as if my period was going to start for three weeks now, very sore lower back pain, heartburn)
    Anyway, around a week ago I had a vry very very faint line on a clear blue so I thought I may be pregnant. I looked and looked so hard then I thought it was me seeing things. I took another the following day and it was still very faint but darker then the previous one. I was convinced now. I took a didgital the day after and it said Negative.. Since then I have taken a test every few days which have all been negative. My doctor won't help me until I am late by four weeks and I am only two and a half. My lower back pain is pretty bad and I feel like crap, have no energy and I work full time. I just don't know where to turn and don't really have anyone to speak to. I have a few cheap tests left but not too convinced about taking them. I don't know if this is pregnancy or not but something isn't right. Appreciate any advice xxx
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

May 6, 2016, 04:48 AM
    My pregnancies were only confirmed by blood work, never with a urine test. If you have symptoms of lower back pain and no energy, why not visit your doctor for medical advice? It may not be a symptom of pregnancy, but another medical issue. At that visit, mention your late period.
    Louisecr24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2016, 07:31 AM
    I did mention, I visited last Tuesday and they said they can only help me four weeks after my missed period. Thanks.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 6, 2016, 02:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisecr24 View Post
    Hi guys I wonder if any of you can help me or offer me advice.
    I am around two and a half weeks late for my period. I have been taking tests since a week before my period was due, because I have had some quite distinctive symptoms also a gut feeling really. (bad headaches, vivid dreams, cramping as if my period was going to start for three weeks now, very sore lower back pain, heartburn)
    Anyway, around a week ago I had a vry very very faint line on a clear blue so I thought I may be pregnant. I looked and looked so hard then I thought it was me seeing things. I took another the following day and it was still very faint but darker then the previous one. I was convinced now. I took a didgital the day after and it said Negative.. Since then I have taken a test every few days which have all been negative. My doctor won't help me until I am late by four weeks and I am only two and a half. My lower back pain is pretty bad and I feel like crap, have no energy and I work full time. I just don't know where to turn and don't really have anyone to speak to. I have a few cheap tests left but not too convinced about taking them. I don't know if this is pregnancy or not but something isn't right. Appreciate any advice xxx
    The problem is that you wouldn't be feeling lower back pain at this point. IF you were pregnant the embryo wouldn't be bigger then a pin head or at most a apple seed. There is no weight, shifting of muscle or ligaments that could cause back issues. The 'feeling like crap' can be caused by so many different things, from bad food to illness, to lack of sleep, to stress, to exhaustion. What I am trying to get at is that the only symptom you have is a missed period, which is actually the only trustworthy one. Beyond that, everything is explainable to other things.

The faint blue line could just be splash over from the control section of the test. You could also had been pregnant but the ovum isn't growing and your body is about to abort it. You could just be having an off cycle where you miss a period for no good reason.

The best thing to do is to wait and get the pregnancy, if it is there, confirmed by the doctor. Maybe take the remaining tests every third day if you're not convinced.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 faint positives and 2 negatives, Chance of being pregnant?? [ 1 Answers ]

Had my iud removed on the 12th July 2012, started bleeding on the 13th for a total of 10 days which was a heavy flow and large clotting, stopped bleeding for 10 days to start again but only for 4 days and a light flow. I not sure when I due to have my period again, but last few days done some...

Six pregnancy tests; 4 VERY faint positives, 2 negatives? Help! [ 2 Answers ]

I have taken six pregnancy test over the last week. The first two showed up a very very faint blue line (forming a +) but only after the first ten minutes, but definitely before 30 minutes. Took two different brand test over the next two days, both came back two very very faint pink lines; to the...

Missed period by 2 days and faint colourless line in the HPT test.. [ 7 Answers ]

Hi.. I have missed my periods by two days and a very regular cycle. Took a HPT yesterday and today morning. Both came up with a very very faint line within 3 minutes.. almost colourless or white line under T - Test result.. after two hours I couldn't see tat colourless line. I have symptoms like...

Two negatives. Two faint positives. Now what? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi ladies. So here I am posting this hoping for some sort of insight. In about 3 weeks I should be expecting a period, but am pretty certain it isn’t coming. June’s was short, and very light (14-18 - 4 days, and out of all of those, I don’t recall it filling a regular tampon once, but still had...

Am I pregnant?2 faint positives and 2 negatives! [ 2 Answers ]

Hiya, basically I'm new to all of this! I'm 20,and my partner and I are over the moon that I got 2 faint positive results on my 2 tests,although the next day I received 2 negatives, the 2 positives were early morning tests,and the negatives were evening,after consuming liquids etc. my periods have...

View more questions Search