Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caseibold Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2016, 08:07 PM
    Septate uterus diagnosis
    Have you every placed an IUD for a woman to later find out that she has a significant septate uterus? How easy/difficult is it to miss this diagnosis at the time the IUD placement?

I had an IUD placed by my doctor several years ago. I did not know that I had a septate uterus until after the removal of the IUD and subsequent miscarriages. I am wondering if the diagnosis of the septate uterus should have been seen at the time of the IUD placement?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 3, 2016, 08:12 PM
    These are questions best answered by your doctor as there are no doctors on this site.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long after septate hymen removal can you have sex? And is a septate hymen normal [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently discovered that I have a septate hymen.. I'm not a virgin and have been haven sex since I lost my virginity at 15.. I really want to get it removed surgically and I'm happy to no now what I have as I was pretty freaked out when I relised there was something there.. I thought that it...

Contraction-like cramps, hard uterus, split uterus.. [ 0 Answers ]

I have a split uterus, so it is always tough to tell if I am pregnant, as I can still get normal periods, and have before. Right now, I have extremely swollen breasts, with visible blue veins. I've had this for about 3-4 months now. The past few days, I've been getting suddenly sick. But as soon...

2 uterus, cervix & vagina. How can I have sex via right vagina & implant left uterus? [ 1 Answers ]

2 separate uterus, cervix & vagina. How can I have sex via right vagina & implant left uterus?

Septate hymen. [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 14 years old and have a septate hymen I found out a couple days ago, I'm terrified to tell my mom about it! I really want to get it taken care of now instead of later and I'm not afraid of going into the doctors but I just don't know how to tell my mom. Any advice?

Septate Hymen? [ 6 Answers ]

So after the year it's been since I started my period, I have finally found what it is preventing me from using tampons. I did some research and found the problem is that I have a septate hymen. It's apparently not a big deal, minor surgery can be done to remove it. My problem is that I'm going on...

View more questions Search