Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    balan275 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2016, 10:16 PM
    Question on different steering
    Hai friends, I have made an attachment to drive any scooter by using legs. To submit my project, I need to know the force required to turn the scooter steering handle and the minimum force required to apply accelerator, brake. Its very urgent guys. So please tell me minimum force only. Thank you in advance.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2016, 12:24 AM
    You are aware that's something you have to calculate based on what you intend to use.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 26, 2016, 06:52 AM
    You are the only one with the specs to your scooter so care to share?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2016, 11:47 AM
    Almost impossible to determine. For example, a longer brake lever would need less force since it changes the ratio on the fulcrum point, in this case, typically a bolt. There is no real "minimum" force. Longer handlebars require less effort but require more swing radius.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Power Steering [ 2 Answers ]

Do all 5-Speed 1990 Honda Civic have Power Steering or are there some that have and some that don't?

Power steering [ 1 Answers ]

How much do you think it would cost, to install a power steering unit In a 2003 Toyota echo.

Steering Failure [ 3 Answers ]

What could cause the sudden failure of the steering wheel to turn the wheels on the car with the steering wheel to continuously turn without affecting the wheels

Murray steering [ 1 Answers ]

Old murray rider. Mod 42813x14a. Replaced steering gear sector awhile back and now the steering is slipping again, gears appear all right. Thanks for any help

View more questions Search