Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovingaunt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2007, 06:44 PM
    Grease splatter in eye
    I was cooking bacon tonight and some grease splattered up and into my eye. It stung a little at first but I didn't think anything of it until I took a shower later and my eye started to burn again. The eye is a little blood shot but I can't see that there is any real damage. It feels like the itchy scratch feeling you get after you've been crying. Is there something I can do at home to relive the feeling, or should I go to the doctor? I tried Visine and it helped for a while.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2007, 06:53 PM
    Eyes heal very quickly. You say there isn't any real damage. I would go to a pharmacist at a drug store and see what they recommend as far as eye drops. Could be a kind that may soothe things a little better than Visine.
    snyders Posts: 20, Reputation: 9

Apr 14, 2007, 01:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lovingaunt
    I was cooking bacon tonight and some grease splattered up and into my eye. It stung a little at first but I didn't think anything of it until I took a shower later and my eye started to burn again. The eye is a little blood shot but I can't see that there is any real damage. It feels like the itchy scratch feeling you get after you've been crying. Is there something I can do at home to relive the feeling, or should I go to the doctor? I tried Visine and it helped for a while.
    This type of injury can fall into the major or minor category, and yours sounds minor. There is no drop you can take to completely resolve the pain, short of a prescription medicine, but a pain reliever by mouth will ease it. The eye will also feel better if you apply a drop of artificial tears (like systane, refresh plus or optive) hourly for a day or two.
    christinaboles Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2013, 03:55 AM
    I was at work and I splashed grease ou my face and it went into my eye now it is burneing and wartery
    What do I do?
    snyders Posts: 20, Reputation: 9

Oct 5, 2013, 04:33 AM
    As with any chemical injury to the eye, flush heavily with the immediately nearest bland liquid, preferably water or a designated eye wash. Flush more than you think you need, then flush some more. As I noted above, chemical splashes can lead to major or to minor injuries. An OPHTHALMOLOGIST is needed to assess this extent in person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite washer leaking grease [ 1 Answers ]

My Kenmore elite washer has a yellowish greasy film under it. It seems to be leaking the grease. Does anyone know what the problem is or what part needs to be replaced?

We don't see eye to eye on anything! [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 9 years. We have 3 children (my oldest is from a previous marriage). About 2 years ago, my husband and I started having major problems, most of which unfortunately stemmed from us using crystal meth. We have since gotten off the drugs, but the problems are...

Grease/Cooking odor from next door [ 1 Answers ]

I work in an office environment and we had a Chinese Restaurant move in next door. In the winter months the grease and cooking odors are very strong and almost nauseating. I even carry the odor home with me, on my clothes and hair. We had an exhaust fan installed on our side of the wall but it...

What Type of Grease Do I need/use? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Delco Heat Gas Furnace Model # GF -80 Gas Input is 100,000, and the BTU input is 80,000. The blower motor was not working. I put a new motor in and the belt spins but it's not kicking out the heat. I looked in there and the fan that is connected to the belt has what looks to be 2 {1...

Grease on Jeans [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to remove grease stains from pants? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

View more questions Search