Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashad7699 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2016, 01:50 AM
    Can I give zakat in advance
    Assalamu alaikum,

I need to know 2 basic aspects regarding paying zakat:

1. Is it must to inform individual to whom I am paying the zakat that I am giving him the money from zakat?
    2. Can I pay the zakat in advance i.e. paying the zakat of 10 years togather. I want to pay this money to one of my poor relatives so that he can start some business.

I will be waiting for your reply. Matter is very urgent.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 22, 2016, 04:36 AM
    Maybe this will clear this up for you,

IslamiCity.com - Zakat,

A pious person may also give as much as he or she pleases as sadaqa, and does so preferably in secret. Although this word can be translated as 'voluntary charity' it has a wider meaning. The Prophet said 'even meeting your brother with a cheerful face is charity.
    '

I think it wise to talk to your trusted local religious leader for what is acceptable in your location/community.
    ashad7699 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2016, 12:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Maybe this will clear this up for you,

IslamiCity.com - Zakat,

'

I think it wise to talk to your trusted local religious leader for what is acceptable in your location/community.
    ----------------
    Thanks a lot for your suggestion. But I believe, different muslim countries should not have different views on religious matter. Rather, all the muslims should follow only one rule or view. And that's the rule of Holy Quran and the Saheeh Hadith.

May Allah assist me in finding the true answer.
    Ameen.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2016, 11:50 PM
    Hello Ashad,

Talaniman Gave you very good advice to check with you Imam, also please open the links below for more information, Thanks.

Giving Zakat in Advance - My Religion Islam

paying zakat in advance - Darul Ifta Australia - www.fatwa.org.au

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Zakat [ 1 Answers ]

I owe my brother 150k which he invested in a business which has calapsed. However I have prmised to pay him his capital back. Do I take this debt into account when I calculate my zakat?

Zakat [ 1 Answers ]

As salamu walaikum I'm confused on if I should pay Zakat or not? I am an orphan with two sibilings one older brother and one younger sister. Alhummdiallah I earn money from the government, but do I use the money I get from the government and pay zakat with it, or do I have to actually earn money by...

Zakat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a savings of Rs. 3 lakhs in various forms like jewelleries, Life insurnce, General provident fund etc. I have also taken a loan of Rs. 3 lakhs from a bank for which I have to pay emi of Rs. 10,000 pm. What will be my zakatable amount

Can we give fitr out of rice received as zakat [ 0 Answers ]

Can we give fitr out of rice received as zakat

No-show known in advance by plaintiff atty, my atty not told in advance [ 3 Answers ]

Will I be able to prevail in small claims court against the plaintiff's attorney and/or her? My ex-girlfriend filed a motion for a 2-year protective order to keep me out of our jointly-owned house. At the hearing, she didn't appear, but her attorney truthfully claimed that she was on business...

View more questions Search