Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baritsa_babe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2007, 06:42 PM
    Is it legal for a 19 y/o to date a 16 y/o in CA?
    My boyfriend is 19 and I am 16, we have been together for over a year now with parental consent. Just recently my parents decided they don't want me seeing him anymore and are threatening to get a restraining order:mad: . My friend had the same problem in the past and she told me that if your parents have known about it for more than three months they cannot call the cops and press charges... Is this true? What are the laws in California?:confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 13, 2007, 06:53 PM
    If you are 16 and don't obey your parents they can have you in trouble. That is a for sure, Next there are varoius things they can charge him with, if he is taking you anywhere against your parents permission,

If you had sex itgets a lot worst.
    robertsqueen Posts: 376, Reputation: 43

Apr 13, 2007, 07:41 PM
    I looked it up and yes it is illigal. The age of consent in California is 18. Also there must be something in your boyfriend that your parents see that you don't. I find that weird how now after a year they don't want you to be with him.
    Here is the website for you.
    Age of Consent - by State
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Apr 13, 2007, 08:47 PM
    Since the age of consent in CA seems to be 18 years, your boyfriend should familiarize himself with the term: Statutory Rape. If someone chooses to press the issue, it could have serious consequences for him.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 13, 2007, 08:51 PM
    Yeah, just get a boyfriend your own age.
    HurtRot Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Apr 13, 2007, 08:52 PM
    You should get someone your own age and maybe when you 18 he will still be around
    robertsqueen Posts: 376, Reputation: 43

Apr 13, 2007, 08:53 PM
    Isn't that crazy? Some of those ages need to change
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 14, 2007, 07:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by robertsqueen
    isn't that crazy? Some of those ages need to change
    In some states there is also a age diff rule, like it is OK if they are within 2 years of the same age. So a 17 year old won't get into trouble for being with a 15 year old. Even

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it legal for a 25 year old and a 16 year old to date in pa [ 59 Answers ]

:confused:is it legal for a 25 year old and a 16 year old to date in pa and if not why

Is it a date? [ 7 Answers ]

OK I made a friend with a girl we talk and all of that but I asked her if she would like to go to the movies and she said yes does that mean it's a date or just regular?

First date [ 4 Answers ]

Well my question is what would be an appopriate gift to give on a first date?:)

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search