Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mark_Meleah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2016, 11:36 AM
    After LEEP, new irregular cycles, Trying to conceive. HELP!
    My wife has always been to a 28 day cycle to a T! Text book cycle. She is 32, and has naturally delivered 5 children. She has tested pos. for HPV and precancerous cells progressed. She under went a LEEP procedure immediately following after one of her regular 28 cycles. The next cycle ended up being 38 days, which we assumed was do to the procedure. Then it was 35, 31, and then to 30... It started maintaining a 30 day cycle. We do not use protection and are engaged in wanting more children. We were fully aware of her cycle and ovulation period before, but her cycle is falling behind again. She is on day 36 with this cycle, several daily pregnancy tests show negative :-( , and she still has not started? Should we be concerned with anything, possibly cervical stenosis? But, 6-7 months after the LEEP procedure? Why does her cycle keep changing around, does it affect her ovulation period, and is it possible we can no longer get pregnant?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2016, 12:55 PM
    "Should we be concerned with anything, possibly cervical stenosis"

This is the question you ask the OB/GYN.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2016, 01:48 PM
    Cervical Stenosis is a possibility, although not common, but as ma0641 said, it would be something to have the doctor check into. Scarring is another possibility. With her cycles off, her ovulation is likely off as ovulation tends to set the timing for a period... even a few days can make a difference. Cycles can be off for a number of reasons and this latest one could just be a coincidence.

I wouldn't worry right now about infertility as it has only been several months, and with a change in her cycles, it just makes it that more challenging. She is having periods and a few days either side is not unusual even if she was very regular before. At 32, it's possible some slight changes can start to occur just naturally.

Are you using any means to try and determine when ovulation is likely? Since the two of you have questions and concerns, and are trying to become pregnant, I would consider having a preconception visit with her gynecologist to discuss what changes have been experienced, go over any questions, discuss if any testing would be recommended, etc..

Most likely all is well and her cycles are just a little off from what they were before, which can happen. Get things checked out for the peace of mind. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Irregular long cycles turned into sudden short cycle [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I am a 22 yrs old female. I had my menarche at age of 13. After which my cycle never used to come on predicted dates. It used to come after 30 days to even 60 days. My bleeding used to be normal in amount and for 3 days followed by mild spotting for the next 3 days. I had no dysmenorrhea. On...

I have pcos and taking metformin. My cycles have been very irregular [ 0 Answers ]

My cycle is improving since on metformin. Im get n one every month and it lasts 5 to 7 days. However this month its been on for over 2 weeks. Do I need to be concerned.

DO too irregular menstruation cycles affect pregnancy in future? [ 0 Answers ]

DO tooo irregular menstruation cycles effect pregnancy in future?? I mean irregular as in not having it for 2-3 months then having it continuously for weeks and aggain not having it till more than 10 days after the date of it?

Trying to conceive and irregular [ 0 Answers ]

I had a regular period and now that we've been trying to have a baby its suddenly become irregular.why?

View more questions Search