Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScaredByResults Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2016, 10:14 AM
    Negative EtG, False Positive Ets?
    I have been sober more than 3 years but subject still to random EtG/EtS testing for civil/divorce court. I have never tested positive before. Today I got a test back that was negative EtG (100ng cutoff) but somehow positive for EtS (68ng with 25ng cutoff). I was wondering what might cause this? Or if any studies have been done on EtS in isolation of EtG vs conjunction of EtG? Also, I read online recommended cutoff for EtS was between 75-100ng - so was wondering if incidental exposure might have been an issue from recent (prescribed) topical treatments I have been using for a scalp condition?

In a tizzy! I know Dr. Bill is gone, but any expertise or insight would help. Thanks!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 16, 2016, 04:39 AM
    If you are trying to make a case for incidental exposure after an EtG/EtS test then you must submit a list of medications and products you use, to the court, along with any doctors prescriptions, and take a verification test.

Yes incidental exposure failures do happen.

Incidental Exposure - Ethylglucuronide (EtG) and Ethylsulfate (EtS)

It really is up to a judge though, what happen next. You really should be careful what you eat, drink, use, or apply when you are under testing orders.

Review your SIGNED agreement with the court CAREFULLY for compliance issues and court policy procedure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ETS negative and ETG positive may not indicate alcohol consumption [ 0 Answers ]

8/23/13 I tested positive for alcohol. I was given a breathalyzer that at the same time the urine screen was taken and that reading was 0.00. I am wearing a SCRAM Bracelet and it has NOT given any indication of consumption or tampering or even an environmental spike. I am very careful. I am not...

False positive etg/ets urine test dr bill [ 1 Answers ]

after completing 16 of 17 weeks in a outpatient treatment program and 18 successful urine screens for EtG-MS and EtS-MS, Avee Labs returned the following results. EtG-MS lc/ms/ms positive (Quant Value - 546 ng/mL) (Creatine Normalized Value 250) (Cutoff - 500 ng/ML) EtS-MS lc/ms/ms positive...

Alcohol ets EtG false positive [ 5 Answers ]

Dr. Bill, I tested positive for alcohol but did not consume. The lab report indicates as follows: ETG negative (cutoff 500 ng/ml) ETS positive (cutoff 100 ng/ml) ETS level 120 Creatine 176.1 All else normal

View more questions Search