Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shazeen sabir Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2016, 05:07 AM
    S.sabs
    My husband was drunk. Argued wide me. And said 5 times he giving me a divorce. No witnesses. Wat does DAT make me? CNT ask anyone as it shames me. Please help
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 14, 2016, 05:52 AM
    The shame is not yours to begin with, but his for being drunk, and exhibiting bad behavior toward you. What did he have to say for himself after his drunkenness passed? If he cannot ask for help for his illness, then you MUST ask for help to deal with him.

In this there is no shame for you. The shame is his hiding his problem/bad act, and YOU helping him.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2016, 11:01 AM
    Hello Shazeen,

I agree with Talaniman shame is not yours, I would suggest that both of you see your local mufti or Imam for further clarification, also please open the link below and read, it may give you a better understanding, good luck.

https://islamqa.info/en/98775
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 18, 2016, 09:11 PM
    The issue is that first, he was in serious violation for being drunk. Anything he does and says from that point brings shame on him. He at this point would owe you, and perhaps your family a apology.

He has to intend the divorce, not merely say the words, it is the belief behind the words that are more important than the mere words.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search