Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sophiaAmoretto Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2016, 06:03 AM
    Why was my parents crying and what does for closure mean?
    A little while ago I saw a note on our door saying that we would be for closed on April 27 but I didn't really know or care what it meant. But yesterday I heard my mom crying and talking to my dad about how we were being for closed and how he got laid off. I asked them and they won't tell me. What does this mean?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 11, 2016, 06:14 AM
    Foreclosure is when you haven't paid your mortgage and the bank that holds the mortgage wants to take the house back. I don't know how far along the process is. But posting a notice on the door, probably means its far along.

It could mean that you have to move out by 4/27. I don't know how old you are, but you should go to your parents and tell them you found out what it means and ask what you can do to help.

Apr 11, 2016, 06:23 AM
    I'm 13 but why was my dad laid off and what does that mean. What did we ever do to them to for close us.

Apr 11, 2016, 06:32 AM
    A layoff means that the company he works for doesn't have enough work for him. So he isn't earning a salary. As I said a foreclosure is when you don't pay your mortgage payments for a long time. Your parents borrowed money to buy your house. This is called a type of loan called a mortgage. The lender takes your house as security for the loan. Apparently because of the layoff, they haven't had enough money to pay the loan so the bank now wants the house so they can sell it and recover the money still owed.

At 13 you should be old enough to know about these things.

Apr 11, 2016, 08:28 AM
    Thank You

Apr 11, 2016, 08:31 AM
    Good luck to you. I know this is a tough time for you and your family. But you need to band together to give each other strength to get through it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting closure [ 5 Answers ]

I recently broke up with my boyfriend. It wasn't something that I really wanted to do but I felt like he never had time for me so out of fear I pushed him away. It's been a week since we broke up and I've been through hell! He is clearly moving on with his life and doesn't want to take me back! I...

No closure [ 5 Answers ]

My father in law passed away Sept. 27th @ the age of 60 with cancer. On Sept. 30th we found my mother in law passed away in her sleep. She was only 58. She had told me a year or 2 earlier (while we were not getting along) that she had congestive heart failure. I thought @ the time she was trying to...

Should I try to get closure? [ 3 Answers ]

OK here it is. I knew a guy for a long time. Well about 4 years ago I him ecards But did not tell him who I was. He had a girlfriend at the time which I did not know. I even told him if you want me to stop sending ecards let me know. He kept saying he wanted to Know who it was. Well his...

I need closure. [ 1 Answers ]

So me and my girlfriend broke up about a week ago, but I never really got any closure. She called me in the middle of the week and told me how much she missed me and stuff, but didn't mention anything about getting back together. The problem is, it is SO HARD to try and get over her if I continue...

Closure? [ 31 Answers ]

Hi everyone, After being here for a while and reading and offering advice mainly on relationships I often hear the word closure used. I know in essence what it means, but what I want to know is what does it really mean, and does one ever really achieve it? For example when someone comes...

View more questions Search