Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tarynation Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2016, 09:10 PM
    Reasons a dog trembles like its scared and won't eat for no visible reason
    what are some causes for dogs to have random behaviour spells where they tremble as if terrified and lose interest in food? These spells are sporadic and can last anywhere from 20 min to 3 hours.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 9, 2016, 08:01 AM
    Have you been in contact with a vet. Your dog could be having seizures.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 9, 2016, 08:42 AM
    Here's how it works online with humans and pets in distress:
    YOU tell US every single detail, starting with age, breed, and history.
    You don't make volunteers give you a list of all 243 conditions that fit your brief description.
    Sorry to be harsh, but it's because I care about your dog.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 9, 2016, 02:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tarynation View Post
    what are some causes for dogs to have random behaviour spells where they tremble as if terrified and lose interest in food? These spells are sporadic and can last anywhere from 20 min to 3 hours.
    Is your dog a rescue and how long has he/she been in your household and how dogs do you have ?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 9, 2016, 02:47 PM
    A few questions that can help us answer you.

1. How long has this been going on? Has the dog always been this way? If so, for how long?

2. How old is the dog?

3. Is the dog a rescue?

4. Any changes in the home?

5. Any traumatic things happen before this behavior started?

6. What tests has the vet done, and what advice has the vet given? What has the vet ruled out?

If it wasn't only when he ate, and didn't last from 20 minutes to 3 hours, then I'd say seizures. But seizures don't last for 3 hours.

Answer each of my questions with as much detail as you can give, and we'll go from there. But, having said that, there are no vets on this site, and no vet can diagnose online. So if you haven't already, you need to take your dog to the vet and get a full workup done.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 9, 2016, 03:01 PM
    Another add.

When you go to your vet, have a dental exam done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help my dog is whimpering and gets all agitated when trying to eat (no visible pain) [ 3 Answers ]

My little 2 year old Maltesex shihtzu highlanderterrier cross has been displaying some odd eating habits the last month and a half. Bandit, has been noticeably eating less and less and it is concerning seeing as though he is usually a guts. What is most strange is when he does try and eat, he...

Why won't my dog eat his new dog food [ 0 Answers ]

I bought him new dog food and he it or his old dog food

Got a new dog and it won't eat.how will I get it to eat? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently got a new dog 1 day ago to be exact; she is 8 years old.. I have tried feeding it and it won't eat or drink.. If it really doesn't eat, how long will I wait till I bring her to the vet?! :(

My dog won't eat dog food at all [ 6 Answers ]

My 1 year old poodle mixed won't eat dog food and he just takes a few pieces of dry dog food now and then, I don't know what to do its my fault I kept giving him table food now he won't even go near the wet food I don't want him to starve to death what am I to do keep him on human food? Please can...

New dog in house, old dog won't eat [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, About a month ago my family got a new chocolate lab. Before this dog we had a zoo yorkie mix. At first they both got along fine but now the yorkie (rusty) won't eat around the lab (tucker). About a week ago we had to change both dog's foods because our vet told us not to feed rusty puppy food...

View more questions Search