Ask
    Rachel Baker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2016, 12:01 PM
    money claim
    How do I get my money back from my ex partner
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 8, 2016, 12:47 PM
    Try small claims court (assuming the amount she owes you isn't too large) .
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2016, 02:06 PM
    Very vague question. Contractual money? Rent? Car loan? Perhaps we could help more if we knew the circumstances .
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 8, 2016, 03:46 PM
    More info needed.

Did you loan her money? Did you give her money? Did you buy something for her and now that she's no longer your girlfriend you want it back, or want back the money you spent on it?

The problem with "loans" when you're in a relationship, is that they often aren't considered loans until you break up. So, if you gave her a loan, did you have a written contract for her to pay you back? Did you have a time frame for when she had to pay back? Did she make any payments towards this loan? When was the loan given? How much was the loan, how much, if anything, did she pay back?

You see where I'm going? You can't make a gift into a loan just because you two are no longer together. If it was a loan, you should have treated it like a loan from the beginning. A written contract with her signature, a time frame for paying it back. Interest. Monthly payments. Did you do any of that, or did this money only become a loan after you two broke up?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Claim 401k money [ 2 Answers ]

How do I claim a 401k that belongs to my brother who has last over 10 years now. I wouldn't even know where to look for it except that it was in California. I am his only living sinking as our other siblings have passed as well along with our parents bel. (personal info removed)

How much money do you have to make, to claim taxes [ 2 Answers ]

How much do you have to make?

Condominium management wants Money Claim [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Around May of 2008 I moved to my condo. The building is about 20 years old, Two week later, from the day of my move, there was some water leakage from my on suite shower, to below units, my insurance company has covered my damages for repairs, but the condo. Management wants to charge me...

Claim with kids and more money? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm married we are now bringing in more money we're kind of lost. We bring in a combined income of $150000 we have one child and own a home. We've been claiming 0 before which brings a nice return but seems we're paying way too much through out the year any help would be great. Thank you.

How to claim money without 1099 or w2 form [ 3 Answers ]

My husband earned some income flight instructing for a man who didn't withhold or supply any 1099 or w2 forms. What do we do to remain legal? I usually have filed taxes using tubotax, will I still be able to use that? Thank you for any advice.

View more questions Search