Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    srelve28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2016, 12:56 PM
    1989 toyota celica
    I push on my gas and it just keeps raving like I don't take my foot off pedal and does not switch rpms does anyone know what it could be
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2016, 02:00 PM
    Check the throttle plate operation. Ensure the throttle cable moves the throttle plate inside the throttle body in a normal fashion. You may want to clean the throttle plate and throttle body, while you are checking things out. If the problem persists, you may need to research how to check for codes, since it's a pre-OBD II vehicle. It could end up being a Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) or Ignition Control Module (ICM) problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1977 Toyota Celica GT liftback [ 4 Answers ]

Where to find 1977 Toyota Celica GT liftbacks that are for sale?

2000 toyota celica gt [ 3 Answers ]

I've had it tested and the error code is p1310 and p0303 I've tested the volts coming from the ecm they are between .5 and 4.5 the ignition coil has 12v going to it. I even looked at the fuel injector and cleaned it out. I also replaced the number 3 ignition coil and it idled worse. When you...

Toyota Celica [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 92 toyota celica gt. My rpm is going up n down

Toyota celica engine swap [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know if the motor mounts from a 93 toyota celica gt and a 95 celica st are the same? I'm looking to swap out the motor and tranny in the st for those of the gt.

1990 toyota celica [ 1 Answers ]

Apparently they washed the motor and now the car won't start. I changed spark plugs, wires, cap & rotor. I have spark but I tested the injectors with the light tester and I have no signal on 2 cylinders. I'm not sure if maybe the distributor went bad. I also put some starting fluid in the breather....

View more questions Search