Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bee3tee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2016, 06:52 AM
    How to Journalize Management Fee on Overdraft
    Hello,

My company recently set up a $20,000 overdraft with the bank, at the following terms: 16% Interest APR, 1% Management Fee and 1% Commitment Fee. Upon set up of the overdraft, the bank immediately took the entire 1% Management Fee and 1% Commitment Fee from our Account.
    Please how do I journalize this transaction?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2016, 11:08 PM
    Would seem to be simple, the two components of the entry are Bank and Bank Fees, so the charge against the bank account is a credit, money you owe to the bank and the charge against expense is a debit, money you have expended in the current accounting period the rest is simple mathematics

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Property management wants suddenly a monthly fee to keep using our basement [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, We live in Jersey City since 2 months, have signed for a 1 year lease and received the below letter today: The lease doesn't specifically mention anything about what is included (such as the basement or the garden, even if both were included in the original ad for the apartment)....

Can I claim child tax credit, daycare fee, tuition fee and mortgage interest? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm Canadian. I work in US but live in Canada. I commute to work everyday. I have two daughters: one is 11 years old and the other is 23, who is a graduate student in US. Both live with me. I filed 1040nr every year. My questions are: 1) Can I get child tax credit and deduct daycare fee for my...

Am I subject to a late fee if I drop my rent in the property management box? [ 13 Answers ]

I dropped my rent payment in their box at about 4pm on the 5th which is a Sunday when the office is closed. Monday, the 6th, is a holiday and I just noticed a sign on the door saying they will be closed for that as well. Am I subject to a late payment even though my grace period expires at midnight...

Is it legal for TX apts to charge late fee PLUS concession fee? [ 2 Answers ]

I have lived in my apt complex going on 5 years. Last month I was late paying my rent a couple of days because I was out of town on business. When I got back and called to get the total amount due, it was an outrageously high amount of money. When I asked him to break down the charges, he said...

Nonprofit grant management fee [ 3 Answers ]

Can a nonprofit request a "fee" for managing a grant? For example: XYZ Nonprofit Corp will be applying for a grant from ABC Foundation. ABC Foundation approached XYZ about running a program on their behalf and offered a grant to XYZ for this purpose. Can XYZ request a 10 - 15% grant management...

View more questions Search