Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CJ Haus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2016, 10:19 AM
    Balance Sheet - NOT
    Hi, Everyone. I have a problem with my balance sheet not balancing. I'm in the process of setting up an LLC and have paid some expenses with personal funds (I now do have a dedicated bank account for the LLC). The balance sheet is off, coincidentally, by the exact amount of those expenses. Here is an example entry (where I received a bill for $50 from consulting with a CPA and paid with a personal check):

Cash - dr - $50
    Equity - cr - $50

Professional Consulting Fees Expense - dr - $50
    Cash - cr - $50

So as near as I can figure, Cash now has $0; Equity has $50 and PCF Expense has $50. But, the expense isn't reported on the balance sheet. I can't for the life of me figure out another way to journal and post which would allow the sheet to be in balance other than debiting equity and crediting the expense. As far as I understand, that is supposed to happen at year end with closing entries.

Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for your time!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2016, 08:20 PM
    The expense must now be charged against equity as a loss

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A single question for journal n leger,p&l a/c,balance sheet,trial balance [ 2 Answers ]

A single question for journal n leger,p&l a/c,balance sheet,trial balance

Balance sheet for a corporate balance sheet [ 1 Answers ]

Information: Inventory 101,000 Retained Earnings ? Property, Plant and Equipment 278,000 Prepaid Expenses 13,000 Accrued Liabilities Payable 17,000 Long-term Note Payable 104,000 Accounts Receivalbe, Net 102,000 Common Stock 110,000 Dividends Payable 3000

Preparing is, re and balance sheet from Trial balance adjustement sheet [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to do my income statement, retained earnings and balance sheet from my adjusted trial balance sheet. I am confused from my book about the debits and credits. When I transfer them over from the adjusted sheet. Do they stay on the same sides. For example: assests will be on the...

View more questions Search