Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samii99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2016, 10:29 AM
    Implantation bleeding or period?
    So on the 29th me and my boyfriend had sex and he came in me for the first time, we always have unprotected sex but he always would pull out, my period would always come around the 25th but then in January it changed to the 14th then in feb it changed back to the 25th, this month I haven't had my period yet, I took a pregnancy test on the 28th and it was negative but me and my boyfriend did it on the 29th and the 30th and both times he came inside me, I went to the bathroom today and when I wiped there was a light red blood on the toilet paper, I read that implantation bleeding happens 10-12 days after... what could this be then?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2016, 01:19 PM
    You wouldn't experience implantation bleeding from sex on the 29th and 30th of March as that would be too soon. IF you happened to ovulate around that time, and IF the egg happened to become fertilized, it would be several more days before implantation might occur... (rough guide is 6-12 days after conception). While some women do notice a bit of spotting with implantation, the majority of women won't notice a thing.

It's likely that the spotting you've noticed is from the recent sex. Certainly, pregnancy can happen since you are having sex, especially with it being unprotected, so be sure to be taking a good multivitamin with at least 400 mcg of folic acid, or you can take folic acid on it's own. This is important when trying to become pregnant, and even when you're not trying to, but are having sex as pregnancy will be a possibility. Folic Acid can help to prevent certain birth defects that can occur very early in a pregnancy, sometimes before a woman even knows that she is pregnant.

It may just be an off cycle, and your period will show up late or you may skip a month, but if you don't have a period in several more days, try another test, as pregnancy can be possible from a previous encounter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Implantation bleeding or period? [ 0 Answers ]

So my boyfriend and I been Trying to conceive I had my period last month on the 19th Sep. So this month Oct the 18th afternoon I began to bleed it only lasted half a few hours was gone by next morning the 19th and 20 I've been only spotting I would have a pad on just in case but it'll be clear...

Period or Implantation Bleeding? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not sure if I having a period or implantation bleeding. Last month I am trying to conceive and my period cycle is 35-38 days. According to this cycle I got period 1 week early and I have crampings, feeling dizzy and tired. I also have nipple pain. Usually I have heavy flow during my period...

Implantation bleeding or Period? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My normal menstrual usually lasts 5 days. I spot the first day, then it is heavy bleeding for 2 days and then it lightens on the 4th & 5th. However.. this time around things are different. My period was due Jan6th. Instead it came on Jan3 without warning. No spotting or anything.It...

Is it implantation bleeding or my period [ 1 Answers ]

I got my period June 3 2007 lasted one day very light this was not normal did home pregnancy test June 25 positive test result test was done correctly got maybe period July 2 time my period was due light and only one day again then a negative test result from doctors urine test stared feeling...

Implantation bleeding or period [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... I was wondering if anyone out there knew how long implantation bleeding is suppose to last. All last week I experienced slight brownish mucus discharge. I am suppose to start my period on Wednesday (Oct 18th; my cycles approx 32 days), buy I started getting wetter brownish spotting on Fri...

View more questions Search