Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Don1946 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2016, 05:03 PM
    What would cause increased water line noise from main meter to inside home when water
    Increase water running noise
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2016, 06:54 PM
    It is usually caused by a restricted pipe or possibly a bad PRV valve. Gate Valve isn't open all the way or partially obstructed with debris, PRV valve will vibrate badly when it goes bad.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2016, 07:09 PM
    I agree with ma0641, Thanks.

John
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 28, 2016, 10:33 PM
    Where exactly to you hear the noise ? By the water meter or in front of the house, where main shut off valve is located ?

Back to you

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The water line to my outside spigot broke now I don't have any running water inside, [ 3 Answers ]

My outside water spigot line broke and now I don't have any inside running water, any suggestions. Thanks Hal

How do I move an outside faucet from my inside water meter to my sprinker meter [ 6 Answers ]

I added on to my home about 5 years ago. When I did, the plumbers added two new outside faucets for watering. My home has a meter for inside water and for outside water. The problem is that the added outside faucets were added to the inside water system. I need them to be on the outside...

Finding main water line into home [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... We live in a ranch home no basement. Want to add a water filter to our home one problem we have no idea where main water line comes into the home, everything is in the attic water heater,ac,heater etc. We know where it is on the street but not how to tell where it is in the attic or if it is...

Water meter slowly moving after turning off main water valve . [ 1 Answers ]

Do we need a professional to find the problem? Recently had an irrigation system put in . That meter is separate and is not moving when off. Any opinions about where the problem may be?

Periodic "gushing" noise in main water line [ 1 Answers ]

In my basement, the main water line comes in through one of the basement walls. I don't think I've heard this before, but periodically, I hear water rushing noises coming from the line. When I go down to the basement, it's like water is rushing in, stopping, then rushing in, etc... Could be...

View more questions Search