Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Janet Taylor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2016, 02:35 PM
    How do I get my Honda Civic 1.7 LX from rough idle and stalling
    My Honda Civic 1.7 LX has a rough idle and at times it will die down to 500 RPM how do I fix this and what is it caused from
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2016, 03:00 PM
    Could be any number of things as your symptoms are quite generic. Dirty injectors or air sensor. Plugs , plug wires. What year? Could have a dirty air filter. Check engine light on? Codes?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2016, 05:16 PM
    Consider cleaning the Idle Air Control Valve (IACV) and increasing the idle speed, by loosening the inside 12mm stop nut and taking up on the outside 12mm adjusting nut on the throttle cable bracket. Without knowing more, this is what I would suggest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 Honda Civic rough idle & stalling [ 42 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Honda Civic, with approx. 77k miles, that recently has started idling very low. It doesn't happen all of the time, but often, when I'm coming to a stop, the car shakes violently and I can see that the idle is very low. This has been occurring for the past 2 months. When it first...

2001 Honda Civic EX Rough Idle [ 1 Answers ]

Now I know a lot of you guys have seen this before I mean it's a Honda. Well this Honda is my baby so.. CEL Code: P0505 The car has a rough idle, that keeps bouncing up and down. Things I have done and replaced. Took off the Throttle body and cleaned it with carb cleaner, replaced the...

Honda Civic, really rough idle vibrations. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1990 Honda Civic,I just did a complete tune-up, wires, plugs, filters, the whole 9 yards. I have even had to change the distributor as the previous owner rigged it in order to sell it, and 4 months after buying it, it would'nt fire, found the incorrect screws in stuck to the magneto, left...

Honda Civic 2001 RPMs drop rough idle [ 1 Answers ]

This problem has been bothering me for a while and I have tried a few basic things such as replacing plugs, air filter, and I tried checking the EGR with the "pinch" test because I had read that may cause this problem. But, I got the clicking sound, which supposedly means it is working. When I...

2000 Honda Civic Rough Idle [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Honda Civic. Recently it started idling rough and low. I also have started to notice that it lacks power and surges when it is in overdrive. It runs great and still gets about 29 mpg other than that. If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated.

View more questions Search