Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mariah1678 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2016, 01:33 PM
    Thermodynamics question
    Two forms of carbon are graphite, the soft, black, slippery material used in "lead" pencils and as a lubricant for locks, and diamond, the brilliant, hard gemstone. Using the enthalpies of combustion for graphite (-396 kJ/mole C) and diamond (-396 kJ/mole C) calculate the change in H for conversion of graphite to diamond.

C graphite (s) -> C diamond (s)
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2016, 03:42 PM
    This your homework. We don't do it so you don't have to. You learn nothing that way.

Show us your work... and what you got for an answer THEN we can help you at that point.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Question on thermodynamics and equilibria; delta G and delta G^o [ 0 Answers ]

I would like to ask a question about thermodynamics which we covered in the biochemistry lessons. D Go = - R T ln K If for example you take into consideration ethanoic acid <----->ethanoate + H+ and equilibrium constant for ethanoic acid is 1.7 x 10^-5. By the equation: D Go = - R T ln K (I...

Thermodynamics [ 1 Answers ]

Plot of PV/nT verses P

Thermodynamics [ 1 Answers ]

What are the changes in free energy, enthalpy and entropy and the sign of work for the following process carried out at 100.8o C. The boiling point of HCOOH is 100.8o C. (-, +, or 0) HCOOH (g) → HCOOH (l) I knew that change in enthalpy and change in entropy is both zero because the...

View more questions Search