Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leoyao Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2016, 01:02 PM
    How to amend only 8843
    I am an international student. I filed my tax return using form 1040NR-EZ, form 8843 and form 8833. I just found I input a wrong passport number.

What should I do now? How can I correct this mistake?

Moreover, if I need to file a new form 8843, I am confused about two parts.

There are addresses (Address in country of residence, Address in the United States) I need to input on top of the first page and a signature on the bottom of the second. The instruction of form 8843 says, I don't need to fill and sign them if I am filing 8843 with my tax return. This was the case of my original filing. However, should I fill and sign them when I file the new form 8843?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 25, 2016, 05:35 PM
    Complete the Form 8843 with the correct information, SIGN it, then mail it with a cover letter explaining what you are doing.
    leoyao Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2016, 05:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaTaxExpert View Post
    Complete the Form 8843 with the correct information, SIGN it, then mail it with a cover letter explaining what you are doing.
    Thank you so much, AtlantaTaxExpert.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 25, 2016, 09:20 PM
    Glad to help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I amend Form 8843? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have been an F-1 student since 2011 and accordingly have been filing Form 8843. I just realized that I made a mistake in my 2012 Form 8843 - specifically, I mistakenly put a significantly less number of days under Line 4b ("the number of days in 2012 you claim you can exclude for the purpose...

Motion to amend [ 1 Answers ]

I was served divorce papers, I did not agree with what my spouse wanted. I filed my answer. I have since started a new job and want the divorce over. My husband is wanting to draw this out forever. I can't afford a lawyer. I agreed to everything he wanted and now he is throwing a fit, saying he...

How do I amend my taxes? [ 3 Answers ]

A mistake was done on my husband and I's taxes this year. My daughter was never claimed. How do I fix this so she is added as a dependent?

Amend taxes [ 1 Answers ]

how soon after you have e-filed can you sumit a 1040X?

View more questions Search