Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Haircut Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2016, 09:24 AM
    Is Social Security income taxable for the year 2015
    My husband and I are 74 and 81 years old and live on our Social Security in Florida. We have no other source of income. Do we need to do income taxes?
    O
    e

E
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 24, 2016, 09:31 AM
    Negative.

If you have NO other source of income, you have NO requirement to file a tax return on JUST your Social Security.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IS disability income either from Social Security or Prudential taxable [ 11 Answers ]

Mu social secuirty disability is 2050 a month. I bought (through my former employer) long term diability insurance with after tax dollars (no employer contribution). The total between the two is approx 5400/mo. Is this income taxable and if so to what extent?

What Income is taxable for social security tax [ 1 Answers ]

I worked as a consultant for a short period and was paid a lump sum that covered. My wages, per diem, and air fare. There were no taxes taken out, as I am responsible to file Estimated Taxes. Is Per Diem and my air fare subject to Social Security Taxes. I was under the impression that only...

Taxable Social Security [ 1 Answers ]

Is Social Security Disability (SSA) Taxable?

Is $15,000 total income from Social Security disability taxable. [ 1 Answers ]

I get Social Security disability for a total of $14,382.00. I received a total of $13,260.00 the other $1,122.00 went to Medicare part B. My question is this, this is my only income do I have to file with the IRS?. I couldn't make much sense of the info on their site, I would appreciate any help....

Social security disability : is it taxable? [ 3 Answers ]

I have just been approved for social security disability and would like to know if the back award is taxable or if themonthly benefit is taxable?

View more questions Search