Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmossa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2007, 12:37 PM
    How to file a claim for a medicare and social security refund for an f1 student
    Hi,

I was wondering how to file a refund for a f1 student for medicare and social security.

I keep on finding plenty of info for how the f1 students to file, but how does the employer do it?

Thanks
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 20, 2007, 09:45 AM
    You request an adjustment on the quarterly Form 941.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Social Security Refund [ 2 Answers ]

I am a foreign national and living in overseas. I was in USA from 1988 to 2001/2002 on F1 (student) and H1 (work visa) . I moved out of USA in 2001/2002. During that period I always worked and my previous employers withhold my Social Security and Medicare taxes. I understand that I can get the...

Social security refund [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, My husband and I are citizens of India. We've been green card holders for 2+ yrs now. If we decide to go back to India next year, essentially giving up our green cards, can we get a refund of the social security amount (the principal we have been paying) when we go back? We should be...

H1B claim for social security and medicare [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Tax Expert, I read that when you are in OPT status, you can claim for social security and medicare. Once you are in H1B status you are liable for those. But I heard people saying that during the period of your H1B (max 6 years) you can claim your social security and medicare max 2 times...

F1- H1B Social Security and Medicare refund [ 4 Answers ]

I read through some the posts, I was working on OPT (F1 Visa) from Jan - Oct 2005 and was on H1-B from Oct 1, 2005 onwards. It seems since I did not complete 183 days on H1-B I still qualify as a non resident and should File 1040NR or 1040NREZ with the standard deductions (from India). Am I also...

F1 student for 7 years, now on OPT, should I pay social security & medicare tax? I am [ 2 Answers ]

F1 student for 7 years, now on OPT, should I pay social security & medicare tax? I am from China. My H-1 may be approved for starting this Oct.

View more questions Search