Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J P username Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2016, 12:41 PM
    Dove sensitive beauty bar
    Has anyone ever used this or any other bar or liquid soap for their sensitive vagina? What are the effects if any? If you didn't like this soap please recommend another which will not burn or have side effects for a person who has vulvodenia.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 21, 2016, 12:56 PM
    If you have this condition then it is recommended that you dont use any soap. Just clear water.

Vulvodynia Lifestyle and home remedies - Mayo Clinic
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 21, 2016, 01:02 PM
    Emulsifying ointments are usually recommended for cleaning the peri area. I would certainly not use a dove product which contains perfumes and creams that only irritate this condition. If vulvadynia interrupts sexual pleasure then a lubricant such as astroglide csn be used along with a barrier cream.

Emulsifying ointments can be obtained from your pharmacy and If to thick to clean can be watered down to accommodate.

Vulvadynia has been compared to the shingles virus as it effects the nerve endings.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 21, 2016, 01:19 PM
    Speaking as someone with extremely sensitive skin, I'd like to emphasize the part in the link about loose clothing. Even further, white cotton undies. And further, sit around naked to dry off after a shower. Air is one of the best friends of skin.

(I never had vulvodynia, but sure was sensitive to semen on my skin! Very itchy. Had to wash where it might be.)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 21, 2016, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Speaking as someone with extremely sensitive skin, I'd like to emphasize the part in the link about loose clothing. Even further, white cotton undies. And further, sit around naked to dry off after a shower. Air is one of the best friends of skin.

(I never had vulvodynia, but sure was sensitive to semen on my skin! Very itchy. Had to wash where it might be.)
    Joy, this condition is similar to shingles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dove is dragging itself because it's legs have become lifeless. Help? [ 0 Answers ]

We found a baby dove on the road around a month ago trying to save itself from crows. We picked it up and brought it home because that is all we could do ( I live in Pakistan and we have no rehabilitation centres here and we couldn't leave it there to become a feast for the crows). For a month it...

Dove Shampoo [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there, I've seen the commercial advertising the new Dove Shampoo. You know the one that is suppose to be for damaged hair and make it smooth and shiny? I'm wondering if anyone has tried this shampoo and if it works for you.

Lonesome dove [ 1 Answers ]

How many awards did Lonesome Dove win?

View more questions Search