Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athena12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2016, 06:53 AM
    4 month old pit peeing in house & on bed
    Hello Everyone,

So I recently had to put my 11yr old min pin to sleep ( due to health issues) and my little pit who is 4 months old is all sudden peeing & pooping in the house and on my bed. When she was only 8 weeks old she had accident on my bed but I was potty training her then and she had no accidents in the house until March 10th. Wondering if it could be an issue do to losing her realizing my min pin is gone.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 20, 2016, 04:45 PM
    At 4 months of age your puppy is still learning to potty train. Most puppies aren't able to hold their bladder long enough to learn until they're 4 months old. So serious potty training starts then.

Add the fact that he's still very young, to the fact that he's suffered a loss of one of his pack members, I can understand why he's fallen back to old habits.

Start potty training again. Lots of positive encouragement, lots of praise when he does what he's expected to do. No punishment ever! Just positive reinforcement. He's at the perfect age to get it, and hopefully his loss won't hinder him too much.

Sorry for your loss. I hope this all works itself out with your time and patience. :)

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I stop older Bichon Frise from peeing&pooping all over the house at night? [ 2 Answers ]

My 9 year old male, neutered bichon frise keeps peeing and pooping all over the house at night, sometimes during the day when everyone's out as well. We tried crating but recently got rid of it because it had gotten old. We replaced it with a tray but he only relieves himself on it when we're...

I have an 8 month old westie he has started peeing in his bed [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 8 month old westie,he was great when we got him at 3months old but over the last 3 months he started peeing all over the house and now he has even started peeing in his bed at lest 4 times a day,his testicals haven't dropped yet could this bee the reason

My 3 yr old pug is pooping & peeing in the house! [ 2 Answers ]

We adopted a 3 yr old female pug last month. She seemed to be potty trained and did her business outside until now! All of a sudden for the past few days she has been pooping and peeing in the house. Just a little background: When we got her she was really aggressive and we kept redirecting her...

12 why.o. Dog started peeing&pooping in house [ 7 Answers ]

Help! Please I am desperate and so is my dog... My parents (60years old) had a bichon su for 12 years until my mom passed away. Now my husband and I and 2 kids took the dog in. He came from across the country, and my father drove him across to come live with us. She was a very good dog, but...

7 month old pug started peeing on my bed! [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know what to do. She is 7 months old and potty trained. What could be wrong.I have not spayed her yet. :confused: Please help me

View more questions Search