Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Meggido Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2016, 04:00 AM
    Question about investment
    If an investment is already classified as a long term investment, is it legal to convert it to a short term investment to improve current ratio?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2016, 09:53 PM
    You cannot be opportinistic, it is actually fraud to distort the financial statements to present a position that is not factual. The way to convert a long term investment to a current asset is to cash in the investment and reinvest in a short term asset i.e. cash in long term notes and invest in an interest bearing deposit maturing within one year.

A long term asset is an asset that has a maturity date beyond one year, a short term asset is an asset that has a maturity date within one year

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Investment question [ 0 Answers ]

If you had a choice of using all the individual stocks in the indices you have and use them to do the analysis of an optimal global risk portfolio rather than using the indices given what would be the advantage and what would be the disadvantage between the two methods (using indices in the...

Investment question [ 12 Answers ]

Hello. I have a investment question. The investment will cost me approximatly 2 million, and will be depriciated in 10 years time, My expected EBIT is expected to be 400 tousand each year in 10 year time. D/E ratio will be 1/3 with rE 8%, rD 15% and tax rate 30%. I need to now the NPV and IRR...

Investment revenue question [ 0 Answers ]

If a person earns 800,000, and pays 640,000 in dividends, what is the amount of investment revenue?

Investment Question.. [ 1 Answers ]

Iam 54 yrs old, have $200,000, an investment bank will give me 5% on a checking account, according to Mr. Buffett the return in the stock market will not be more than 8% in the next few years... is it worth the risk for another 3%?. what do you think? Tks.

View more questions Search