Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    quest33 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Homeowner assoication fees
    Just received a notice regarding that homeowner association fees were not paid and a summons submitted to court now must provide a statement to protect myself and property am able to pay amount due

What steps do I need to take
    What should be enclosed in letter

Never received bill from management company but am now faced with this issue
    Would appreciate insight and guidance
    Thanks quest33
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 13, 2007, 11:50 AM
    Your very first call should be to the manager of the HOA. Ask why you aren't getting your bill and how to pay the arears. The bill may be a once per year or monthly. As a side question, did you just purchase this property? I sit on a HOA Board and we have run into problems with correct addresses for new owners.
    quest33 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2007, 11:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    Your very first call should be to the manager of the HOA. Ask why you aren't getting your bill and how to pay the arears. The bill may be a once per year or monthly. As a side question, did you just purchase this property? I sit on a HOA Board and we have run into problems with correct addresses for new owners.

Thank you for the quick response that is one thought I had to contact hoa
    No did not just purchase
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 13, 2007, 11:58 AM
    Did you not know you had to pay HOA fees? Wasn't this bought out when you purchased?

I don't know what the real question is here. If the property is under an HOA, you have to pay the dues. Now you know you owe them, so pay up. If you can't afford to pay in a lump sum, then talk to the HOA and ask if you can arrange a payment plan.
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Apr 13, 2007, 12:24 PM
    Pay the money demanded... call the HOA mgmt company, ask for a statement, pay the bill.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

USMLE fees, h1b attorney fees [ 4 Answers ]

I am on a H1b visa in the US... my wife is a physician who is writing USMLE exams to get a residency in US... I was wondering if I can deduct all the usmle exam fees + costs of applying to residency programs (close to $5000) as expenses on my taxes? I also paid for the attorney fees to get my...

College application fees and testing fees as tax deductions [ 3 Answers ]

Are the fees we are paying for our son to apply to various colleges tax deductable? Also, what about the money paid to take ACT ; SAT and AP tests? And, th emoney spent requesting these scores be sent to the universities being applied to?

Jacob - New Homeowner [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 220V wash machine that has a three prong plug. The 220V receptacle has four prongs. I chose to change the receptacle rather then the plug, not to lose the warranty. The problem is that I am left with one extra wire that comes to the original four prong receptacle, its either the green or...

Please Help: Advice for a homeowner about a Contractor! [ 4 Answers ]

Good afternoon. First some background. Recently I got a new position with my company. I stay in Cherry Hill NJ 3 weeks of every month for work, and on the 4th week I fly home to Oregon to be with my family. Hard hours, but that's how I pay the bills. I rent a room with a friend while here,...

Homeowner liability [ 20 Answers ]

As a homeowner renting out a room, can my roommate sue me if she has a slip and fall type accident on my property?

View more questions Search