Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rjroy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2016, 02:23 PM
    Replacing drive cable on Troybilt Model E-189
    How do you replace the drive cable on a Troybilt Model E-189 self propelled mower?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 12, 2016, 06:54 AM
    Here is a good video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbwO2ygfS0k

And

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRrO6LwwOyE*

*different model...same process.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troybilt bronco model 609 pedal drive electric pto [ 3 Answers ]

After changing lower drive belt soon as you put in gear it takes off without pressing gas. I've tried the pedal adjustment and tried to adjust brake by tighten the middle bolt. But it still will not stop.

Replacing lower drive belt on Troy Bilt Model Y609H. [ 5 Answers ]

Followed manual instructions exactly. Everything worked fine until I removed the electric PTO clutch. Cannot remove old belt or install new belt on the engine pulley because of three tabs around the pulley that are in the way. Tried to remove engine pulley with a wheel puller but it will not...

Troybilt 12av565q711 how to replace drive cable [ 1 Answers ]

I can't remember how to install replacement drive cable where to connect

Drive cable on Troybilt self propelled lawn mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 21" 7hp troybilt mower and am trying to replace the drive cable. The old one broke off underneath the deck where it attached to the deck. The problem I have is getting my fat fingers in there to thread the new cable in and hook it up to the bracket on the underside of the deck. Still...

Replacing drive line cable on Craftsman self-propelled lawn mower [ 0 Answers ]

I just replaced the drive line cable on model 917376070. While doing so a small spring fell out of the bottom of the lawn mower. It is a separate spring, not the one that is part of the cable. I connected the spring to where the drive line cable connects and to the assembly where the drive line...

View more questions Search