Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bbspeterlee Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2016, 09:36 PM
    H4 EAD Directly Applying for Green Card or Do H1B
    The Husband
    Name: HH
    Position: Sr. Software Engineer in a big company
    Current status: H1B Holder, with I-140 Approved, waiting in the long China/India queue for I-485

The Wife:
    Name: WW
    Position: Working in a company (looking for an employer who can sponsor Green Card or H1B)
    Current status: H4 EAD that will expire in 3 years.

Our purpose:
    Since HH is already in the Green Card process (PERM and I-140 are done), it seems there is no need for WW to apply for Green Card or H1B.
    As you might have figured out, however, the couple wants to be double ensured. For example, for some unexpected reason, HH loses his job, WW's H4 EAD will be invalidated immediately, and the couple has to leave the country within a month if no new job is found by HH.

Our questions are:
    1. In order to be double ensured, should WW find an employer who is willing to sponsor Green Card or H1B? (H1B has the quota/lottery issue)
    2. Can the H4 EAD holder (HH) directly apply for Green Card? If so, in which phase (PERM/I-140/I-485), WW does NOT need to depend on HH (H1B/I-140 holder)? (so that even HH loses his job, he can in turn depend on WW)
    3. If HH applies for H1B, does her H4 EAD get invalidated immediately or it can co-exist with her H1B status?

Check out some similar questions!

How can I apply for a Green Card directly from L2 Visa? [ 5 Answers ]

I am on L2 Visa and applied for an EAD (Form No. I-765). Is is possible for me to apply for a green card directly from an L2 visa or I need to take the H-1 route??

OPT and L2 -Applying for EAD Card- [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question about EAD application process. I had F-1 visa and worked on OPT work permission 1 year ago. Now I got married with my husband who have L-1 visa. So My current visa status is L-2. I am going to apply for the EAD (employment authorization). On I-765 form, there is question...

Applying for Green Card immediately after H1B approval. Is it possible? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am an international student ( from India) did my Masters in Computer Science in NY. I am working as a Software Developer ( full-time) on OPT and I want to apply for H1B this year (2010) . My employer is willing to provide all the documents and asked me to file my H1B on my own. And he is...

Moving to US from canada on L visa - process of applying for EAD & green card? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, We are currently residing in canada as permanent residents for the past 1-1/2 yr. Recently my wife's company was acquired by a US firm who as a result of their decision to relocate operations to it's US headquarters, extended an offer to the whole operations department to move & relocate to DC...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.