Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adb34 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2016, 09:20 AM
    Why does a monopolist prefer a specific tax to an ad valorem tax?
    Qn: "A monopolist prefers an ad valorem tax to a specific tax, other things equal." True of False?

I know a monopolist prefers specific tax because ad valorem takes a larger portion of their revenue, but I'm not sure how to explain it.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax treaty benefit and Adjusted gross income for state tax returns [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have a confusion/query regarding my state tax return forms, I'm filing it for the first time. I took the tax treaty benefit while filing my federal tax returns (I used glacier tax prep) and so my adjusted gross income is coming out to be zero and total income exempt by treaty is showing...

State Income Tax & State Disability Tax field on tax forms [ 3 Answers ]

With someone working out of state, is the "SIT/SDI state" field on a tax payroll form mean the state that the person is working in, or the state that he lives in?

How to get social securtiy tax and medicare tax back (J-1, sign tax treaty)? [ 1 Answers ]

I hold J-1 visa and am a researcher from China, and sign the tax treaty form. I can file tax forms to get federal and state fax back. But there are social securtiy tax withheld and medicare tax withheld over 1000 USD in total. Do I need to pay that or can I get them back and how? Thank you so...

Tax for F-1 visa on OPT with tax treaty, resident alien for tax purpose [ 2 Answers ]

HI--I have multiple "identities" with regard to tax: 1. I'm an F-1 visa holder 2. I'm on OPT from Sept.2007-Aug.2008 3. I have benefits of tax treaty, under which I can be exempted from federal taxes up to $5000 a year for wages, and unlimited amount for fellowship 4. I'm a resident alien for...

Form 1116, foreign tax credit: Tax paid vs tax accrued, exchange rates and dates [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm applying for foreign tax credit on taxes I've paid / accrued on interest earned in savings accounts and certificate deposits in New Zealand. For cds, the bank statements don't give precise dates for when taxes were withheld. And so I have several questions relating to form 1116, Part II: ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.