Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jasoup Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Mar 6, 2016, 04:12 PM
    Accounting journal difficultied
    I have 2 questions that I need to ask:
    1. The there is a Bill given to us on October 3rd for bicycle parts at $1150 that are delivered in the time from April 1st to September 30 for our bicycle repair service; the fiscal period ends March 31st. My question is it correct to account these as merchandise or supplies? And do we account both entries on the single day as:
    (ps there is no actual number of parts sold or used, it just says parts delivered... But we must assume that they are used in order to help generate profit from services in the other transactions)

Db bicycle parts 1150
    Cr cash 1150
    Db bicycle parts expense 1150
    Cr bicycle parts 1150

Or is it:

Dr Inventory-parts
    Cr cash
    Dr cogs
    Cr inventory-parts

2. On the bank statement of account there is a bank annual service charge of 600 deducting from my bank account as the last transaction; is it correct to do:

Cr bank expense 600
    Db cash 600
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2016, 02:11 PM
    You need to get a clear idea of your bank account. A balance in your bank account is an asset; a debit, so anything that reduces it is a credit. Similarly an expense is a debit, an asset expended

When you acquire an asset; parts used in your business you would debit the parts inventory, then on balance date you would take inventory of the parts and transfer the value of those used to Cost of Goods Sold

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journal Entry Accounting [ 1 Answers ]

I need help with a journal entry posting for my accounting assignment. I am asked to post this transaction to the journal entry: Oct. 3 Purchased repair equipment from Conklin Company, $4,400. Paid $600 down and the balance was Placed on account. Payments will be $200.00 per month for nineteen...

Accounting, Journal [ 0 Answers ]

1) Vincent Corporation has 97,000 share of $105 par common stock outstanding. On June 30, Vincent Corporation declared a 3% stock dividend to be issued July 30 to stockholders of record July 15. The market price of the stock was $115 a share on June 30. Journalize the entries required on June...

Accounting journal entries help [ 1 Answers ]

Vegas Verdes Inc. incorporated on 7/1/11 electing a June 30 FYE. On the same day Vegas Verdes issued common stock in exchange for $200,000 cash and a building worth $700,000. The building’s useful life is expected to be 20 years, the salvage value is $250,000 and straight-line depreciation is...

AP Journal Entires - accrual accounting and cash accounting [ 6 Answers ]

What are the journal entries for accrual accounting and cash accounting for an invoice and a payment?

View more questions Search