Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 3, 2016, 07:51 PM
    A perv wouldn't have a chance in a women's washroom. And I have TWO sons, two brothers, and have worked with many males of all ages during my lifetime. And have been in a lot of women's washrooms.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2016, 07:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    A perv wouldn't have a chance in a women's washroom. And I have TWO sons, two brothers, and have worked with many males of all ages during my lifetime. And have been in a lot of women's washrooms.
    Right now if you had a guy in a dress in the Womens room... they stand out.. well most of them would anyway, you call the cops and let them cuff and haul them off. But if it became legal for them to do it... how would you prevent it? How would you know who was OK and who wasn't.

Now toss in having underage kids into the mix... I see a LOT of things that can go very wrong, very fast.

As far as them in the women's department shopping for clothes in full drag? Who cares....not me. Getting on TV..making a big deal of it.....now then I have an issue
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 3, 2016, 08:02 PM
    You need to spend more time in a women's washroom. Plus, it would be labeled as to who may use it. Those who don't want to be faced with lustful straight men wearing dresses don't have to use it.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Mar 3, 2016, 08:07 PM
    Yep, a "Voyeur's Delight"
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 3, 2016, 08:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by catonsville View Post
    Yep, a "Voyeur's Delight"
    He ain't gonna see much. He could see as much sitting on a bench in a mall.
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2016, 08:12 PM
    You need to spend more time in a women's washroom. Plus, it would be labeled as to who may use it. Those who don't want to be faced with lustful straight men wearing dresses don't have to use it.
    You are missing the point I'm getting at.

A certain group is demanding they get to use the OTHER genders restrooms. Don't forget there are straight cross dressing men out there... that really don't have gender issues, then there are those that do...

As you pointed out. Right now its labeled and they can't... as it should be... BUT... if they get their way,, anyone can use any restroom in effect... And very few businesses have the space, and the money to build and maintain 5 separate restrooms several of which would see very little use... and there are very few women that would want a man in the women's restroom or tolerate it... period.

Remember that very important bit about guys being visual... while very few women would get a thrill out of it... there are far more men that would.

Thinking in absolutes will get you in trouble... in a perfect world everything is Black or White... in the real world there is a whole lot of shades of grey in between. Lines have to be drawn someplace. Drawing them to suit a minority against the majority...IS going to cause problems.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 3, 2016, 08:17 PM
    I'd have no problem with unisex washrooms and most of my women friends feel the same way. The cubicles give any user privacy.

At my library job in the early '80s, our college-professor crossdresser used the library's women's washroom with no problem.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Mar 3, 2016, 08:22 PM
    He ain't gonna see much. He could see as much sitting on a bench in a mall.
    Right, maybe you have forgotten how far we have come in electronics, cameras etc. Where there is a will, someone will find the way.
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2016, 08:23 PM
    I'd have no problem with unisex washrooms and most of my women friends feel the same way. The cubicles give any user privacy.

At my library job in the early '80s, our college-professor crossdresser used the library's women's washroom with no problem.
    You are a minority in that thinking... most restrooms that can handle multiple people at once aren't built in a manner that would lend them towards being unisex. Though any small one person at a time restroom can easily qualify as Unisex.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 3, 2016, 08:26 PM
    The newer cubicles go all the way to the floor. I'm guessing crossdressers and those with gender issues want to relieve themselves, not take photos.

Where there's a will, someone can shoot up that business or library.
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2016, 08:45 PM
    The newer cubicles go all the way to the floor. I'm guessing crossdressers and those with gender issues want to relieve themselves, not take photos.

Where there's a will, someone can shoot up that business or library.
    They might have those in your neck of the woods... but I've never seen even ONE of those around mine... anywhere. The ceiling to floor ones do exist in Europe...you also need a poor sense of smell or a really strong stomach using them too if they are even moderately busy. Neither of which I have. The the rough in distance...toilet to toilet is also greater than those here to accommodate it.

That type adds another risk of illicit activity the normal modesty partitions would easily reveal. Also significantly more difficult to clean and keep clean.

IF they need to relieve themselves... you have sausages and you have tacos... each has its own rest room... the exception being the sausage tacos... which aren't really common.

What do they do now? Hold it for a week? I doubt it. And they aren't all running out to the alley behind the dumpster.

If it's a free for all... who is to say or argue against... a Man, dressed as a man going into a women's restroom using the I feel more like a woman argument as an excuse against peeping Tom charges? Those shades of grey thing again.

And a guy is more likely to do that than a woman would in a Mens room. Plus I know very few women that would be OK with it. You might be the only one at this point. I can guarantee you my wife and my mother would vigorously oppose it as just two. And just about every other one I know well enough to have an idea how they think.

Like I said... I know how guys think... so I can see a lot of situations where it could go horribly wrong.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 3, 2016, 08:50 PM
    I'd worry about weirdo with a gun before I'd worry about a sexual pervert. Heaven help him if he's the latter.
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2016, 09:07 PM
    Everybody worries about those... there are more of them around. More in some places than others.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 4, 2016, 07:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    No... but I wouldn't want some 50 year old man adjusting his "junk" under his dress in the women's room with pre-teen girls present. If you get my drift.
    You've never seen a man in a kilt whose a little itchy with all the wool about Wee Johnny have you?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 4, 2016, 07:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    You are a minority in that thinking... most restrooms that can handle multiple people at once aren't built in a manner that would lend them towards being unisex. Though any small one person at a time restroom can easily qualify as Unisex.
    As as small of a minority as you think. Having unisex wash rooms is getting more popular in society. Especially accommodating people who are in the gender minority, i.e. trans, gender neutral/flexible, etc. How many of us have used the opposite sexy's bathroom when our own was taken? Especially if it is a single person room?

The problem is, Smoothy, that you're missing the big picture and focusing on the minutia. In most, 99%+ of the case it isn't going to matter, it isn't going to matter and pervs are going to perv regardless of the situation.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Mar 4, 2016, 08:25 AM
    To deal with the hijack: Down with Urinals! Everybody sit down! Most codes say you have to have so many holes(make that drains) per so many people in the establishment.

That does nothing for gyms and locker rooms, particularly in schools, where gender confusion and determination is at it's most intense. In part the current tendency to validate whatever weirdness an immature mind can dream up is making the process of that mind maturing much more difficult. Deciding who you are is part of growing up.

Jenner is actually to be credited for taking time to make the decision, although 69 years old with how many kids might be leaving it a bit late.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 4, 2016, 08:26 AM
    It's quite apparent that none of you actually KNOW someone who has gender identity issues.

I'm related to someone who actually suffers from it. Yes, she describes it as suffering.

You see, my niece was born a girl 21 years ago. She has never been interested in chick flicks, Barbie dolls, makeup, etc. She identifies with Marvel comics, tuxedos (she wore one to her high school prom), fade hair cuts instead of long hair in pony tails.

It's NOT about what bathroom one uses, but how comfortable or uncomfortable one feels in their own skin. She knows she was born a female, but feels more comfortable dressing as a man because that's where her interests lie. Instead of doing her nails, she prefers to rebuild a transmission. At 2 years old my niece would rather play with a tonga truck than a baby doll. This isn't something learned, but genetic.

She knows she's a female, (back on the bathroom issue), and uses the women's bathroom because she knows that is what's right, BUT she gets dirty looks when she enters because she LOOKS like a man.

It isn't only about what's "between your legs" but what makes you feel comfortable in your own skin.

I read these posts and can fully understand the increasing suicide rates.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2016, 10:19 AM
    I'm raising my kids with the same view as mine: what difference does it make to me what someone identifies with? It doesn't affect us in any way. Not buying the silly "slippery slope of washrooms" argument, it seems puerile to me.
    3p0L0v3sU Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Mar 4, 2016, 01:11 PM
    I have no desire to take pictures of naked ladyies. Why does having a penis and dressing in girls cloths make you suspect to that kind of behavior?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 4, 2016, 01:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 3p0L0v3sU View Post
    I have no desire to take pictures of naked ladyies. Why does having a penis and dressing in girls cloths make you suspect to that kind of behavior?
    Thankfully most people are able to accept it. There are those that can't, as you've seen on this thread, but most people understand what gender identity conflict is, and they accept those people for who they are. The world is changing for the better for everyone, but it takes time. Some of the old dogs really can't learn new tricks. They simply don't get it, and many of them never will.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Opening nav menu content in main content column [ 2 Answers ]

You will have to excuse me because I am quite new to CSS. I am trying to create a personal website using style sheets - with a basic two column layout with a header and footer. I have created the elements of the front page and have the navigatin bar on the left (Home, About me, etc) but I am unsure...

What about the gender? [ 7 Answers ]

Hiya I know its just impossible to know what you are having as in GENDER but does someone have an tricks or secrets on how to find out what gender your/my baby is?? Thanks

Everything Has A Gender [ 1 Answers ]

You may not know this but many nonliving things have a gender... *Ziploc Bags are Male, because they hold everything in, but you can see right through them. *Copiers are Female, because once turned off; it takes a while to warm them up again. It's an effective reproductive device if the...

View more questions Search