Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darronusherjr Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2016, 01:17 PM
    Accounting IRR
    Affinity Inc is considering a 3-year project with an initial equipment cost of $618,000. The company’s R&D department spent $50,000 in developing the process improvement. The project will not directly produce any sales but will reduce operating costs by $265,000 a year. The equipment is depreciated straight-line to a zero book value over the life of the project. At the end of the project, the equipment will be sold for an estimated $60,000. The tax rate is 34 percent and applies to both regular income and capital gains/losses. The project will require an increase in NWC of $23,000 to buy inventory for spare parts and accessories. (5 points)

a) Should this project be implemented if Affinity requires a 9 percent rate of return?

b) What is the IRR of the project?

c) If the cost of capital for Affinity were to double, how would that impact your decision?
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2016, 09:03 PM
    I noted this on your previous question, but I'll mention it here as well. The members of this site are not going to complete your homework assignment for you. What they are happy to do is to look over your work, and to help you where you are stuck. Please show what you have done so far if you'd like assistance from the members.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Irr [ 1 Answers ]

Your firm is contemplating the purchase of a new $520,000 computer-based order entry system. The system will be depreciate straight-line to zero over its five-year life. It will be worth $40,000 at the end of that time. You will save $160,000 before taxes per year in order processing costs, and...

What is IRR [ 1 Answers ]

What İs irr

Accounting: IRR [ 1 Answers ]

Good Afternoon, I am trying to figure an IRR and I am having some difficulty. Can you please help me and explain. I am trying to grasp this knowledge, but I am not doing something right. Example Information: C0 C1 C2 C3...

IRR of a project [ 2 Answers ]

I had this as a homework problem & the back of the book had a different answer. If you could just tell me where I made my mistake. Consider a project with the following cash flows. Year Cash Flow 0 -$16,000 1 ...

View more questions Search