Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Mar 1, 2016, 11:16 AM
    Calculating Propane Consumption?
    Having a Senior's Moment in Calculating our Comsumption and Breaking it down to Daily Cost... Have 2 Tanks which I had previously thought were 123 Gal. Tanks Each.. Looked inside the Cover and a Stamped Plate on each Tank says 120 Gal. And when I read the Delivery Ticket to the Customer it says 2 X 420L.. Canadian (? ) Today marked 51 days since last Top Up, Today's Delivery dropped a total of 560.5Litres @ 51.9 cents a litre.. Gauge's Read 80%.. Thoughts Appreciated.. Cheers Thanks
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 1, 2016, 12:00 PM
    1) It is customary to fill to 80% because of expansion of gas on warm days.
    2) All you need to know for this time period of 51 days is that you got 560.5 liters, so divide 51 into 560.5, a hair less than 11 liters a day, or 2.9 gallons. (Just type '11 liters =' into google)

Calculating a whole season gets more complicated because you need to know what you start with and end with. I do it by ordering exact amounts of 300, 200, or 100 gallons, (500 gal tank) and plan on being close to empty in April. I have to pay a slightly higher rate for 'on call' but get to choose when, and can look for times when prices drop.

PS: 2.9 gal day is very good for Feb. for a typical smallish house in the north.
    So is the price you paid.

Mar 1, 2016, 12:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    2.9 gal day is very good for Feb. for a typical smallish house in the north.
    Were 938 Sq Ft not counting the Basement..
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 1, 2016, 12:21 PM
    I use 4 gal in Feb for 1100' so pretty similar (New England). This year much warmer but I indulged by keep it at 67 in here day and night. I don't always sleep much at night.

Mar 1, 2016, 12:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    I use 4 gal in Feb for 1100' so pretty similar (New England). This year much warmer but I indulged by keep it at 67 in here day and night. I don't always sleep much at night.

10-4.. We've kept the Thermostat at a Constent (20'C / 68'F).. It was still in the mid teen's Celcius a couple days after Christmas... We had about a 4 Day Deep Freeze so far but February has been showing true Winter Weather.. lol.. Definitely "In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Lion"... lol...
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2016, 08:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NorPlan View Post
    10-4.. We've kept the Thermostat at a Constent (20'C / 68'F).. It was still in the mid teen's Celcius a couple days after Christmas... We had about a 4 Day Deep Freeze so far but February has been showing true Winter Weather.. lol.. Definitely "In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Lion"... lol...
    I gallon of LP is equivalent to approx. 94,000 BTU. If you know your furnace specs you can determine exactly how much you use.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Propane Fuel Consumption?? [ 2 Answers ]

Lost the Formula to Figure Out our Propane Consumption (Cost $$ Per Day)... We Heat with Propane , with this Mild Start to the Season the period between Delivery Top Ups has Increased.. We have 2 / 465LT Tanks which gives us a 930LT Capacity.. It's been (72 Days) since last top up,Each Gauge...

I am switching Propane Gas suppliers and need the underground propane tank removed [ 2 Answers ]

We built our house in 2000 and siged an agreement with AGWAY to supply us Propane and they agreed to provide us an underground tank for free if we purchase gas from them for (1) year. AGWAY is no longer in business and was bought out by SUBURBANE PROPANE. When we questioned SUBURBANE about our...

Underage consumption in ny [ 8 Answers ]

I was recently at a concert in ny, and I was cited in the abc law 65-c in ny for underage consumption of alcohol. I was not arrested nor fingerprinted. I was given a ticket and ordered to appear in court on an appearance ticket. I am planning on pleading guilty. I have researched and the fine is 50...

Calculating power consumption [ 4 Answers ]

Hmm.. not sure whether I posted this in the right place, but I would like to ask. How do you calculate the power consumption for electrical appliances. Please try to explain as simple as possible, cause I am not that good with the terms used =X

View more questions Search