Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Elsalani Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2016, 06:23 AM
    What relation am I to my son-in-law's auntie, and her to me?
    My son-in-law's auntie has described me as part of her family. What relationship am I to her, and her to me?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 29, 2016, 07:11 AM
    None,
    Some say family by marriage. The closest term is "family by marriage" which means you have a family member, married to one of their family members.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Feb 29, 2016, 07:15 AM
    I go with Chuck.
    If you want to look at all of the relationship meanings, Google your "exact question" and you will see all of the definitions.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 29, 2016, 07:20 AM
    She wants you to be part of the family! Put technicalities aside.
    I have an 'aunt' who is divorced from my father's brother and is absolutely no relation to me, but she's still my aunt, plus the mother of my cousins.
    I have several Facebook 'relatives' who are related to my sister's ex husband.
    Enjoy it.

Feb 29, 2016, 07:56 AM
    I can agree with what you said but, telling us to "Put technicalities aside" Should have been "Putting" technicalities aside" is more correct. She may not want to be part of the family and was asking how to handle it, maybe? I did not read it that way though, just possibly.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 29, 2016, 08:01 AM
    I meant Put. The imperative. Put the lime in the coconut.

Feb 29, 2016, 11:39 AM
    Where I come from I would say I am putting the lime in "de" coconut. ; )

I stopped taking orders back in 1959.

Imperative is defined as a requirement or an order. An example of imperative is a sergeant telling a soldier to do fifty push ups.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 3, 2016, 06:07 PM
    The question is simple, it doesn't require emotion. Legally there is no family relationship. Her son-in-law is family by marriage. His Aunt is his Aunt, and no relation to her, only to her son-in-law.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 5, 2016, 07:54 AM
    Relationships are defined by how well you like or dislike a person. Not unusual to "adopt" a person you have no blood ties to, and vice versa disown a blood relative. Legal definitions only apply to legal proceedings and people can make what they want of other people. Blood ties mean a lot to some, but doesn't mean squat to others.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Auntie flo [ 2 Answers ]

Okay I had a period once already this month now I woke up this morning and used the bathroom when I wiped myself I was bleeding again but the blood wasn't red it looked like a dark dark red like it was almost a black color is that normal or what and what should I do can somebody help me with some...

My auntie's clingy/ tantrum 1 yr old [ 5 Answers ]

My little cousin is 1 yr 2 months old. I've been living with my auntie, uncle and cousin since he was 3 months old and for the past month have been his nanny. He's an only child and is breastfed still (which I don't think is a bad thing at all) and would explain his clingyness which all babies go...

My son in law has been residing with me for 2 weeks, can I put him out by law? [ 2 Answers ]

My son in law transferred his probation from virginia to my house in Texas. He has been here for 2 and a half weeks and will not find a job. He is not paying any bills and is not on my lease. Can I by law put him out?

I don't know what to say to my auntie after 15 years [ 4 Answers ]

Hey people, please can you help me, as I'm a little stuck. My dad left me when I was one year old, and his side of the family haven't been in contact for the past 15 years. I am now 16yrs old, and am in touch with my auntie from my dads side, she is only 8 yrs older than me and we have already...

My son in law has abandoned his family, no food, money,etc. Can Ohio law do anything [ 4 Answers ]

Is there anything legally that can be done in the state of Ohio to a man arrested when he disappears leaves with no money, food, heat, car, etc. with wife and two young children.

View more questions Search