Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlyon988 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2016, 05:45 AM
    Pressure switch for 2 wire single phase submersible pump.
    Getting ready to pipe in a new pressure switch for a Franklin submersible pump, and I'm having trouble understanding how to set low pressure pump on, and high pressure pump off limits. Anyone know how to choose and set these limits?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 29, 2016, 09:22 AM
    Most well pressure switches come set at either 30/50 or 40/60. The larger nut or bolt adjust both the start and stop pressures up by tightening or lower by loosening. To change from 30/50 to 40/60 tighten the larger nut

The smaller nut or bolt changes the difference between the on and off. To go from 30/50 to 30/60 tighten the smaller nut or bolt.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 29, 2016, 11:36 AM
    Look under the cap of the switch. It will tell you what nut to turn to do what you want.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2016, 07:44 AM
    Pretty good video if you need one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WNbxu9ufPs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Show wiring diagram on how to wire 3 phase to single phase heat strips [ 0 Answers ]

Show wiring diagram on how to wire 3 phase to single phase heat strips

How to wire a single phase heater with 3 phase [ 4 Answers ]

I have a single phase 238-240v air handler with 15 kw(3 - 5kw strips) of heat strips. I want to wire this with 3 ph 208 wye. Can I change the wiring to this: L1 ~~~H1~~~L2 / L3 ~~~H2~~~L1 / L2~~~H3~~~L3. Then send L1 & L2 to the 240 system fan for a single phase fan motor. This Should give me a...

Is hot wire is not a neutral wire or vice versa in single phase two wire AC source? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a little bit confused why in AC single phase 2 wire source is merely classified the 1 wire as hot and other wire as neutral. The hot wire travels the current from the source to the load and going back the current to the source through the neutral wire. I know that in AC circuit, the signal or...

Testing pressure control switch on submersible pump [ 0 Answers ]

Testing the pressure control switch I found that the ground had 1/2 volt. Just wondering why that would be?

How to wire pressure control switch for a well pump [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, I am pulling my hair out. I changed my pressure control switch(square D). Because my pump wouldn't kick back on after getting below 30#. (I have a 30-50) It was 15 years old and I have very hard water so I figure it was time. Still the same result pump cuts off at 50 but does not kick back...

View more questions Search