Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2007, 08:45 AM
    Duke, Duke, Duke of Rape, Rape, Rape
    Hello:

I offer two facts and one supposition for your consideration: 1) the tenth convicted rapist from Dallas County, Texas has been found to be innocent due to DNA. 2) the District Attorney in the Duke Rape case ran into alleged rapists who COULD defend themselves, and the case was a house of cards.

Supposition: The Duke DA is not an anomaly. HALF of our District Attorney’s LIE to put people in prison.

Go ahead, argue with me.

excon
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2007, 09:13 AM
    There is no argument. They are elected officials that get re elected on the number of convictions they get. Do you really suppose that they even have time to investigate the merits of every case? No, so in the process, a lot of the cases just get rubber stamped and tried anyway. Also, why would the DA wish to disagree on the merits of a case with the Sheriff or the City Police? That just causes a riff. Just Prosecute them all and let God sort them out. When they get you to court and finally see there are no merits to the case, they make you plead to a lesser charge at the risk of doing the max on the original charge, which they can convince you they can and will make stick. It's all one big mindf@#$.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 13, 2007, 09:21 AM
    No, there was a case some years ago in IL, where the DA was found to have lied, but he keep his job and was still there. Many put their election and their win / lose over truth.

While not a 100 percent fan of some of the TV shows but even watching shows like Law and Order we see examples of doubt not making a difference if they can win.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2007, 09:29 AM
    A lot of politicians lie and keep their jobs. A lot of politicians lie to get their jobs. Is it any different in the city, county, state, or federal level? Maybe yes, maybe no but, I'll bet when everyone is doing it, it is hard not to. Either play along or get lost.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Frankly, I don't understand why you are limiting your statements to DAs excon. Look at our entire legal and political representatives. Do you remember the Iraq hearings? Do you remember the "evidence" that was brought into light, weapons of mass destruction, as the basis for appropriating funding to finance our invasion? Sheesh.

Anyway, in case you care, I ditto magprob, the spam man's, sentiments.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 13, 2007, 11:36 AM
    [QUOTE]It's all one big mindf@#$.[/QUOTE]
    I agree 110%, justice is on the back burner and all that counts are putting folks in jail. Speaking of Dallas Co. The jail has failed it evaluation for the 4th straight time and all the republican DA's have been replaced by democrats as of the last election. When GWB was governor of Texas he said inmates on death row didn't have to be reviewed because he knew they were guilty. At the same time Illinois stopped executions because half of the convicted inmates on death row were set free due to DNA evidence. Yes maggie, It's all one big mindf@#$.!!!
    l99057j Posts: 57, Reputation: 18

Apr 13, 2007, 11:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyPitbull
    Frankly, I don't understand why you are limiting your statements to DAs excon. Look at our entire legal and political representatives.
    Agreed! One of my pet peeves is defense attorneys... they seem to have forgotten that they are there to protect the rights of their client, not to get them off the hook if they committed a crime. Of course, there's no money to be made in doing what's right is there?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

False rape [ 2 Answers ]

What are the laws when two minors agree to have oral sex but the female one day just wants to up and accuse the male of falsely raping her with no kind of proof of penetration or anything and her father attacks the male and now the male is now the victim of basically a setup

Questions on Rape [ 6 Answers ]

Ok I have only told one other person about this before. I was raped several times by my sons father 5 to 6 years ago. He threatened to take away our child if I ever spoke of this. I had blocked most of it out of my mind. Till recently he is trying to get coustody and the memories of him doing...

Rape [ 2 Answers ]

The statute of limitations on rape charge in state of Florida

Rape [ 5 Answers ]

OK a couple of boys in my school were taken for rape actually a gang bang rape but only 3 boys were involved. But the 2 accessories are in there too but the accessories didn't know what was going on they never new. Also the girl is only 12 years old and the boys that raped had sex with her are 19!...

View more questions Search